Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Hercules - Remap or stop the scratch wheels

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello peoples,

I got the Hercules DJ Control (the Console version w/o the soundcards) last week (as I am just a bedroom dj) and while I like the controller the jog wheels are a little too close to the cross fader and I have bumped it a few times this past weekend.

Ive looked at a few posts in reguard to remapping, however a) Im not getting the info, or b) the info I need is not there.

What I would like is to preferably disable the jog wheels completely or to remap them to another purpose. I did go into configuration and shut down the scratching effect, but the wheels still effect the song's speed.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
James Rose
New York City

Posté Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 7:51 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Disabling the DJ control's jog wheels will be soon possible with the DJ console mapper version 2.0

Try the version 1.1 of the mapper (download), but i don't think we can disable the jog wheels yet.

I think the version 2.0 will be available in the next two weeks.

Posté Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 8:02 pm
you can disable the jogwheels and the crossfader, by mapping the console manually as a midi controller inside virtual dj...

disable the hercules in the setting, and enable midi instead...
then map the functions you want to buttons and sliders...

Works well for almost all functions (Except scratch.... i havent been able to map that well.. .but u dont want that anyway)

Posté Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 8:18 pm
Sorry i forgot about midi mapping.

The problem with this is that you will have to remap all the dj console buttons.

Fortunately the mapper will give you the possibility to remap only one button, which will only take seconds.

Posté Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 8:45 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
James,

If you haven't done so already, in VDJ config under the "Remote Control" tab you can uncheck "use jogs to scratch". That won't disable the wheel, but will let you use them to "nudge", which is much more subtle and forgiving than the default "scratch" mode if you hit the wheel by mistake.

Otherwise, you can wait for dj cel's mapper.

Nicolas

Posté Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 9:18 pm
lej78480,

Thanks. I can wait for the 2.0 version of your mapper. And thank you for taking the time to write the code.

RE: applications. I started a small application a month or so ago that would scan MP3 folders and place that information (MP3 tags and, hopefully, the BPM/etc from the VDJ MXL file in a database so that users can sort by BPM and a few other items. Since I have my tunes in folders "A" through "Z" I cannot search ALL tunes by BPM. Like I said, im just a bedroom DJ, so for me this is all a form of mental puzzle. If you, or anyone else has requests as to what the upcoming app should do, please let me know.

DJ Bambi,
Thanks. I did that last night, and it is BETTER... just not quite what I'd want. I'm looking forward to the Mapper 2.0 so i can give the jog wheels SOME sort of use.

Posté Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 9:34 pm
Just one thing,

i'm not the author of Djconsole mapper. All the code is from Djcel and he is still working on it.

I had to correct you or he would be mad at me ;)

Posté Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 11:26 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
;-)

Posté Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 9:13 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)