Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet problem with tcv

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

amun-rePRO InfinityMember since 2005
when i play a song with my hdjcmk2 everything works fine, then when i activate tcv, playing a song still works but from time to time the mp3 just stops for a few millisecs (the code-signal-quality goes down to ~70%), then it makes a scratchy noise for a few more millisecs and then it goes on playing. i have this problem all the time tcv is in use. what i first thought is, it could be a problem of the needle skipping or vibration, so i bought some new needles, put em on it and played a song (i left it alone, no scratching, not even touching the table to make sure there is no vibration) but the problem stayed the same. so i took my daddys laptop and tried, but the signal was too filthy at ~30% all the time). so i tried to plug the dj console into another audio-plug of my PC (it has an onboard soundcard and a soundblaster audigy with 5.1 output and im still not sure if i have chosen the correct output/input) but the problem remained the same... what else could be causing this problem? i really need some help.... thanks
- [A-Moon]

Posté Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 6:30 pm
i have just discovered that when i switch off my tt, and its fully stopped, the song keeps on playing but very slowly just a little bit forward, then reverse....its like it scratches very very small parts of the mp3s, it seems like there is a signal, even tho there just cant be a signal bacause the tt is not turning. i think that disturbing signal is the thing that causes my problems.... but how the hell do i get rid of it? does anyone have any idea?

Posté Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 9:34 pm
ok that disturbing noise is gone, i really dont know how i fixed it but its gone.
but still i have the problem with the tcvs....

Posté Sun 01 Jan 06 @ 8:28 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
are the TCVs new? is the sound like a glitch (like a digital hiccup) or a buffer underrun (like an electric shaver or something) try using another program that uses ASIO and see if you get any pops or glitches in that. if you do you may need to clean out your pc, stop processes etc etc. there are many many tutorials on how to streamline your PC for ASIO use here on the forum.

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 2:12 am
yes the tcvs are quite new, as well as the 160 bucks stanton needles. what other program uses asio?

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 2:44 am
now heres what i just experienced... when i increase the asio buffer size, i get less of these scratchings, but also the latency between the mp3 and the timecoded vinyl increases, what makes it impossible to scratch...

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 4:30 am
the last thing i can think of anything here causes problems (IRQ 16) but i can NOT change the PCI slot of my graphic card (there is only one slot on my mainboard where my OVERSIZED graphic card fits), either the USB-stuff because its onboard. if i use another graphic card do you think it will work? or should i try to get one of those USB-port-adapters for PCI slots (i hope you know what i mean)?
IRQ 0 Systemzeitgeber OK
IRQ 1 Standardtastatur (101/102 Tasten) oder Microsoft Natural Keyboard (PS/2) OK
IRQ 3 Kommunikationsanschluss (COM2) OK
IRQ 4 Kommunikationsanschluss (COM1) OK
IRQ 6 Standard-Diskettenlaufwerkcontroller OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/Echtzeituhr OK
IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-konformes System OK
IRQ 10 Intel(R) 82801EB SMBus Controller - 24D3 OK
IRQ 13 Numerischer Coprozessor OK
IRQ 14 Primärer IDE-Kanal OK
IRQ 15 Sekundärer IDE-Kanal OK
IRQ 16 NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra OK
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2 OK
IRQ 19 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4 OK
IRQ 20 VIA OHCI-konformer IEEE 1394-Hostcontroller OK
IRQ 21 Creative SB Audigy OK
IRQ 22 3Com Gigabit LOM (3C940) OK
IRQ 23 Standard erweiterter PCI-zu-USB universeller Hostcontroller OK

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 4:26 pm
USB does not like to be shared, and in your case its shared with your grahic card!

That might be a huge issue.... .

Please try do disable USB in your hardware device manager (Windows control panel), and re-enable it.
This might make Windows assign your USB to different IRQ

for more tips read here:
http://www.usbman.com/

I had huge issues, before I made usb be assigned to its own IRQ

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 7:24 pm
"Please try do disable USB in your hardware device manager (Windows control panel), and re-enable it.
This might make Windows assign your USB to different IRQ

for more tips read here:
http://www.usbman.com/"

i tried that, bt the irq stayed the same. as well i tried to deactivate the graphic card (so it moved to irq 10 and shared with RAID controller or something like that) and there was no change... i am checking usbman webpage for more solutions, but havent found any yet, if you have more, PLEASE post them *sadsadsad*

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 8:38 pm
i have just tried to reinstall windows (in standard PC mode, but all i got was a bluescreen). im on the standard mode again now and the problem hasnt changed a bit... im really stuck

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 10:17 pm
it also sounds like underwater now lol

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 1:11 am
i just just spent another 10 or 20 hours on it and it seems like i FINALLY got it working...scratching still sounds a little bit weird but i think im now set to purchase pro edition...but DAMN that was a frekin trouble hehe thanks for your help ^___^ i hope next time i am the guy who supports, not the one who has to be supported.
*happyhappyhappy*

Posté Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 4:14 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
im glad to hear it, i know how much it can suck when you cant get something to work how you want it.

Posté Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 12:55 am
This sounds like the exact same problem I'm having. I just got my TCV today and my turntable a couple a weeks ago, and my turntable plays my regular vinyls fine. It doesn't do this when I'm just playing files without the TCV and the TCV also has a slight robotic and distorted sound. I tryed the auto config. in the timecode settings, got my mk2 switched to line in, I tryed lowering my hardware acceleration all the way, I disabled some of the unneeded auto start window services, but I still have the robotic sound plus split second mutes with clicks and then skips a couple of beats in a bar. Also, it won't let me change the ASIO buffer size when TCV is activated.

If someone could please help me out with this, I'm not that computer saavy and I want to make sure this thing will work before I upgrade to pro.

Two more questions if I can, inorder to mix do just have to have two TCVs? When TCV is active I can't play anything off the other deck (I've only got one turntable). And is there a better technique for scratching the TCV? It won't spin as free as my regular vinyls and doesn't provide as much grip for some reason.

Thanks in advance if anyboidy can help, my specs are:

Sony Vaio desktop with P4 3.2 ghz with HT, 512 mb ram, around half a TB between three hard drives (two internal; 160 gb & 120 gb, one external USB 250 gb), soundblaster live (pci bus) and herc MK2
gemini PMX 40 battle mixer, gemini tt02 turntable with cn1000 cartridge and TCV. There is also an integrated sound card in my sony pc, but it's not being used and am guessing it's already disabled as it doesn't show up in my control panel sound options;^]

Posté Wed 24 May 06 @ 4:49 am
bump

Posté Wed 24 May 06 @ 10:36 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
keep ion mind that will never sound exact like "real" vinyl but it should be pretty close, if it sounds "robotic" my guess is the buffer settings, either too high or too low.

Posté Thu 25 May 06 @ 2:11 pm
It won't let me change buffer settings while TCV is active, is the problem I've having possibly a latency issue since I'm using home edition? I want to get this figured out before I shell out the money for pro monday;^]

Posté Thu 25 May 06 @ 8:50 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Timmyg1978,

This problem could be solve using another soundcard. You could get a M-Audio Delta 44 PCI or a ESI-Pro U46DJ or even a X-Fi platinum soundcard getting a better sounding and getting rid of any robot or digital sound.

ASIO and Latency settings made the trick here and also a fast PC (as yours).

Good Luck!

Posté Sun 28 May 06 @ 7:17 pm
Unfortunatly I don't have the money for a new soundcard, I spent my spending money already from this check on the pro software and behringer mixer with BPM counter. But I thought that the MK2 would be all the soundcard I need?

Posté Sun 28 May 06 @ 7:38 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)