Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet transferring track information between computers please help

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all,

I apologise if this question has been asked before but i did have a quick scan through the forum but couldn't see anything relating to it.

I was wondering if it is at all possible to transfer track information like Cue points, BPM and comments between 2 PC's. The reason i ask is because i mainly use my desktop to play/practice on but i have a mate who DJ's in a pub every weekend and theres a possibility i can take my laptop and gear down there and do a short dance and trance set. So obviously if there's a way i can transfer my current information to the laptop it will save me having to manually reset everything.

Stay Safe

Voodoo Ash

Posté Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 9:37 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I believe that you should copy the XML database to the second system.
THis is where all your cue points etc. are stored.

Posté Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 5:59 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Absolutely correct bogart. You copy the database.xml file from the program files/virtualdj on your first computer into the same file on your second one and this should then work.

I run the same kind of setup and do this very often, but i'd suggest checking your second system to make sure all of your tracks have been analysed, just to be sure.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posté Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 9:35 pm
i'm in a similar situation whereby I use two computers in two separate venues and I intend to use an external hard drive with my music and video files on it. I'd like to save and transfer the database and also the keyboad shortcuts and different settings as I've found that I'm fine tuning the system settings as I work. Is there anyway to make one vdj setup a 'clone'of the other as I go along ?

thanks!

Posté Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 9:30 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
John London,

Just name all and install all in the same locations... follow the instructions below and enjoy, you have same info with one external harddrive in both computers.

Posté Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 10:10 pm
Andres

"Just name all and install all in the same locations... follow the instructoin below and enjoy, you have same info with one extrenal harddrive in both computers."

Sorry if I'm being slow but what do you mean by " the instruction below" ?

Thanks, John

Posté Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 6:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)