Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Skipping Problems - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
set max load to 0 and see if there is any skips

Posté Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 4:51 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Try the skin cdj-700S of Fruit and disactivate the waveform. So you can get more ressources and tell me if it goes on skipping.

I'm sharing the idea about sound card, try it too.

Posté Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 8:40 am
Thanks for all your sugestions guys, will try them all throughout the day today, i really cant see how it could be a resources problem though as this system runs 2 Gig of DDR2 memory, Just a thought but is anyone aware of any problems with VDJ and 64bit Chips at all ?

Will post again when tried all sugestions

Regards

Ph4nt0m

Posté Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 12:17 pm
Have now tried all possible sound configs, moved my soundblaster to another pci slot tried using just the soundblaster and also just the onboard sound and am still getting the same problem, it's really driving me nuts now as i think i've exhausted all my options here short of going back to a less powerfull system,

Any more would be apriciated ?

Ph4nt0m

Posté Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 10:16 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
what soundcard was in the older pc? have you tried different drivers? did you try and delete the soundcards and let XP built them back?

Posté Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 12:52 am
The older PC had the soundblaster in that i'm using now, and have tried both the current drivers from creative and also the windows xp drivers that windows intalls, still no difference, i really dont think this is a soundcard problem though, as when it skips, the waveform at the tops stays in time with the skip, and also, if it skips mid-mix, both of the decks skip forward and the waveform stays in time again with no break in audio output, i have noticed now though that it is always forward that is skips and never backwards, and it's always the same 4 beat jump forward, but does it completly randomly, i.e. theres nothing that i do on the decks that will make it skip, it just skips whenever it seems to feel the need to ??

Posté Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 3:39 am
Also, just for the record, i was asvised by the support staff on the ticket system that the problem was due to norton antivirus, very reluctantly un-installed norton and the problem is still there, now i'm really at my wits end because i'm losing bookings because of this fault, ??

Posté Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 3:59 am
I hear you buddy. I'm meant to have a gig in about 8 hours time, and for reliability sake, I'll be using my CD's. Since this problem didn't want to go away in 3.3, I asked for an older version and support supplied me with 3.1. I'm not having any skips at the beginning of songs when cueing up another now, but I am getting an odd jump in beat every now and then. And really, as small as it may be, it would be unacceptable to use at a venue.

Posté Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 6:24 am
Have now tried this with version's 3.0 - 3.1 - 3.2 - 3.3 and the fault exsists with all versions on my machine, to me this would sugest either a problem with VDJ and 64bit chips or with DDR2 memory, whichever it is, it's rendered my software useless to me

Posté Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 11:43 am
No more sugestions ?

Been waiting for 2 days for a responce from the ticket system ?, are there any other users that are using VDJ with 64bit chip and DDR2 memory that have no problems at all ?, just so i can possibly rule that out ?

Any more help would be apriciated

Posté Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 2:58 pm
You could do what I plan on doing tomorrow - copy all your music to CD or external hard-drive, and format your computer. That's what I'm about to do. Will let you know if it works.

Posté Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 11:39 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
yes maybe it's the 64 bit but i don't think it's the ddr2

Posté Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 11:50 pm
i also had that problem. did everything they told in the forums. had 512 ddr and upgrade it to 2 gig.
my pccrashed a week ago. had to format. now the skipping is gone! now i use my onboard soundcard and its fixed with 512 ram.

Posté Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 6:10 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)