Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Karaoke CDs VDJ does NOT like

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Okay, I posted sometime back that certain brand of karaoke tracks are not liked by VDJ and they don't work correctly in VDJ, however, they do work fine in other programs.

I'd like to send sample zip files of these tracks, but if that's not possible, here are (so far) the two brands that don't go over well: All Hits and SAV A (I think made by Nikkado or BMG)

All Hits works fine after the intro screen, however the intro screen is a huge smear for certain intros (Usually when scrolling an image up or down)

SAV A disks have an odd way of decoding, they have two fields and VDJ only looks for one and then duplicates it so there are two sets of the same lyrics scrolling.

Again, I can send in samples of these songs, just let me know where to send them, they'd be about 3.5 to 4.5 megs

Posté Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 4:31 pm
It's not necessarily the VDJ Software, it seems that the way the Zips are made may have something to do with whether or not VDJ can open them correctly. I have similar problems with alot of Sound Choice tracks as well as others, where Tricerasoft's Swift elite Hoster sees them correctly, VDJ does not. It may be the way VDJ "SEES" the zipfile or the amount of compression on certain files..For me, I have never had an issue with the two that you are which leaves me to believe it's a zipfile reading error on the part of VDJ or it's the way you are making your zips. Either way, It could use some looking into by the DEV team. This is THE BEST software for Shows, DJ or KJ or VJ, it just needs a little tweaking I think, nothing Major.

Posté Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 9:26 pm
I have zero problem with Sound Choice disks... the problems here that I am complaining of has to do with the rendering of files, not the unzipping them.

There is a theory in the karaoke field that your compression SHOULD NOT exceed 5... in otherwords (Depending on what software you are using) the MAXIMUM COMPRESSION, is not recommended.

If you check my blog, I have some detailed information on ZIPPING.

Posté Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 11:11 pm
I'm not having any such problems. I'm using audiograbber to rip the cd+g disks and am zipping them with a freeware tool called "mp3&cdg2zip'

Works great!

Posté Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 5:42 pm
Hello once again I am shuting down on 3.3 some CDG's are crashing the system when i load up for EX. SC7522-02 in to virtual as it try's to upload it just shuts down.. Now it is only on few that i have found the hard way but why is this doing this????? So far it is only Sound Choice that it is doing it on. Please help me soon because this is making me look so bad. I had people on the dance floor the other day dancin there ass of went to load a karaoke song and bang nothin mid song.. So please help ASAP..

Thank You Corey B

Posté Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 6:52 pm
Hello Corey,
I don't have the track in question. Although this is a foundation disc, I have the next in the set, SC7523. Track one on that, "STEAMROLLER" would you try it and see if you get the same crash?

I converted this directly from the CDG and the other tracks from the CD work EXCEPT that one. I tried unzipping it. I think it has to do with the audio NOT the .cdg extension. I can play this song in my other player AS A ZIP and it works fine. When I seperate the .cdg from the .mp3, and try to play the mp3, I get the system crashing. It isn't like I get a warning, but VDJ closes.

If this is the case with you too, then I would think that there is one more problem to add to the sound decoder issues.

My post here didn't have ANYTHING to do with these issues. I saw them as anomolous and was willing to deal with them (the crashing). My post was to do with certain karaoke disks that when they are encoded to mp3+g, they do NOT render correctly in VDJ.

This OTHER bug, however, is important, but like I said, I think it is an audio bug myself.

Posté Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 7:10 pm
I have been using VDJ for karaoke atleast twice a week now. I have had no problems with the CDG+Mp3 method other than a few CDGs that had corrupted text for some reason, but out of 3,000+ songs, I guess a few can corrupt now and then. I have ripped everything from generic karaoke discs, through Sound Choice, Sunfly, and then some. I know that VDJ will allow users to zip their karaoke wavs or mp3s + cdgs into a zip file, but I just click on the directory containing both the cdg+mp3, and as long as they both have the exact track name before the extension, they work flawlessly. So if you are using a zip file and it is not working properly, try unzipping it and then loading the cdg file into a vdj deck. Does it work any better?

I just thought I'd throw in this suggestion to zip users that may be having trouble.

J. Grove

Posté Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 12:45 pm
hi l from turkey. i am am beginnig dj. but ı want to be a good dj ı am working every day. can you help me

Posté Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 8:32 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)