Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet RANE MP4 AS A SOUNDCARD AND TCCD

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

HI CAN ANYONE CAN TELL ME IF I CAN USE THE RANE MP4 MIXER AS A SOUND CARD AND USE IT ON TCCD.

Posté Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 5:57 am
Just used the MP4 this weekend with VDJ and my laptop. The usb works as two sound cards. You also can record what you mixed and the mic volume back to the computer. I do not know about the TCCD. However, I still had to use the external head phones from my laptop to cue songs. The mixer head phones would only cue left and right on the mixer if you kept VDJ mixer in the middle. If you plan on using the MP4 to do the mixing and keep VDJ mixer in the middle you can cue from the MP4 Mixer.

For the price and the size it is a great mixer, especially if you do alot of mobile shows. It does come with software which many have talked about on these forums. Must say after trying both software applications VDJ out shines in all catogories.

On a final note. I have used Rane equipment for years. It can be a little more then most want to spend, but the quality of the products are great. I will be adding a second MP4 system to my rack mount system. Also, I e-mail the staff of VDJ to get help on the setup in the config. Got an anwser from them in under 24 hours. The Tech Support for VDJ is awsome.

Mike

Posté Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 6:38 am
THANKS FOR THE INFO. ALSO I JUST BOUGHT THE SERATO SCRATCH LIVE BUT I WANT THE VDJ SOFTWARE. BEC OF MORE FEATURE AND VERY EASY TO WORK WITH AND I MIGHT EXCHANGE IT TO MP4 AND GET THE DAC3 AND USE VDJ TO WORK TOGETHER. ALSO ON TCCD IS MP4 HAS 2 INPUT GOING TO COMPUTER IF IT DOES TCCD MIGHT WORK.CAN YOU TRY IT THANKS

Posté Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 7:25 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
please don't write with capslock ON. it makes your message hard to read.

Posté Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 12:25 pm
CAPITAL LETTER IS EASY TO READ AND IF YOU CAN'T I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY.

Posté Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 4:07 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You should respect the rule (the same for everybody) ;-)

Posté Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 4:18 pm
The MP4 only has one channel returning to the computer. It is left and right so you might be able to split the return one deck Lf and one deck Rt and run it in mono. However, I would not want to run in mono if you plan on doing advance mixes or recording you mixes. You do have the option of not returning the mic input via a swith on the back. In review you have two channels out both with Lf & Rt and one channel return Lf & Rt. Hope this helps.

Mike

Posté Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 4:40 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
you will need stereo with TCCD, the timecoded singal is in stereo, and VDJ won't recognise the signal if it is brought in mono.

Posté Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 6:50 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)