Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Xp10 suggestion for VDJ staff to look into

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ive spent some time reviewing the various comments on the XP10 in forums and blogs, since VDJ has a workin relationship with the XP10 makers, I would like to know when VDJ will put forward the various suggestions comming from users to create the next generation of XP10, with all of the upgrades that will make it the top of the line controller on the market, larger motorised wheels etc etc.
I also wanted to know if there were any other controllers on the market on the same level or higher than the XP10, Ive been looking and have mainly run across the usual stuff out there.

Posté Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 6:19 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 4:57 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

XP10 are intented to control VDJ but not for a heavy scratch. If you want to scratch use TCVs. If you already have CD-Player with motorized wheels, use TCCDs as frd1963 sugest you.

VDJ is able to work in many configurations, but you need to buy it first to have all these features working as it should.

:-)

Posté Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 10:31 pm
drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Both of your replys have been noted,

What Im gettin at is that there are no controllers on the market (that Im aware of) that will give one both the control of the XP10 and the scratchability of motorised platters. It would b in the best interest of VDJ to push this design concept, or at least point users in the direction on NEW or unknown controller developers, so we can gain the TOTAL control we are lookin for. Any suggestions? or leads? How about talkin to Denon and develop midi control in their 3500? I have been spending the past few weeks designing a complete system built up around the use of VDJ for music video playback. The only sticking point is the choice between XP10 CDplayer or something that combines the two.

I dont like wasting money on products I wont get full use out of.

Posté Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 4:27 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
If scratching is a major concern, then I agree with ACW... go for TCV.
For control, you can use any MIDI controller alongside the TCV and map it to do everything an XP10 does, and more (aside from the touch sensitive platter, but that's what the TCVs are for.)
Or to save some $$ and space, you could use the Hercules with TCV.

Posté Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 5:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)