Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet please explain me what is timecoded vinyl

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

niXonHome userMember since 2006
hi, i am from slovakia, and i dont understand, timecoded vinyl is only the "disc" ??? so, on the pictures its no only disc, its mix item, and.... in real ???? help

so, i want to be DJ, and what i need to have turntable ?

only...

-virtual DJ (program)
-timecoded vinyl

??? only this ? or..... what ?

sory 4 my english..... i said, i am from slovakia

Posté Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 9:30 pm
hello niXon,

First off the the record you order (must be ordered through this site) is just like a real vinyl. All this does is send a time signal to the computer through a soundcard. The computer will receive the signal and Virtual DJ will know what time the song playing is at.

so all of your music is on your computer and Virtual DJ just loads the songs up. The TCV (timecoded vinyl) only controls the song just like you would with real vinyl.

in order to get the TCV to work properly you would need the following:

-computer meeting the recommended configuration listed on this site (NOTE FOR TCV: recommended 1 GB otherwise you might get some skipping, higher latency, etc)
- Turntables (your choice)
- 1 mixer (also your choice although USB mixers will not work with TCV!!)
- 1 ASIO soundcard with 2 ins 2 outs (Stereo of course) (ESI U46DJ is a good recommendation and is widely available online)
- Virtual DJ Professional edition (purchasable on this site only)

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 11:35 pm
niXonHome userMember since 2006
ehm, ok, but sorry, i am only 14 and i dont understand, what is turntable ? what is mixer ? or... i saw dj getdown scrach video, and, mixer is the thing in middle of him mixtable ? and what is turntable ? please describe me it by djgetdown video ...... i never did DJ..

sory 4 my english... slovakia

Posté Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 3:10 pm
ok well a mixer is what he had in the middle, a turntable is what was on each side, that is what you put your records (vinyl) on and then you must put the needle on the record (there is an arm with a mounted needle).

If you don't have records I wouldn't recommend you get turntables. but I can recommend you get cd decks if you have plenty of cds. you can get some very nice cd players like the Numark CDX or Denon 3500 Of course if you are ready to spend that much money. Otherwise I would suggest you only get Virtual DJ since you can do everything 2 turntables or cd decks and a mixer can do with virtual dj alone.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 3:25 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)