Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Saving a playlist question

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Im guess I might be old school and maybe there is a different way to skin this cat.

I have a few customers that like hearing the same thing everytime I play, Like a Holloween gig I do and I used to be able to just save a playlist called Halloween and show up to the gig and load that play list.

How would I acheive this in VDJ 3.3 Pro.

Posté Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 5:03 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there...:o)

Another task simplified with the wonderful Virtual DJ. Making a playlist is so easy!!! All you have to do is click on the tracks you want to use and drag them over into the sidelist window (I'm assuming you're using default skin). Build your track playlist from there and then save the playlist as whatever you want in your VDJ folder under playlists. Then, from your VDJ window, it just a case of going into the 'Playlists' folder and select the playlist you want to use. Voila!!!

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posté Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 3:30 am
Hi Pionara
Thanks for the response I appreciate the help...question

Yes im still using the default skin, I havnt got any further yet with customizing the skins
When you say select the tracks and drag them over to right window, I assume you mean all the way to right into the playlist that is currently suppliing the files in auto run right ?

The question I then have is how do I save those files as a new playlist ?

DJ Jon

Keep on Mixing

Posté Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 5:58 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Digitaldjjon

You are correct. Consider your default skin split into 3 sections:

Section 1 (left hand side) = directory & file display
Section 2 (slap bang in the middle) = track display
Section 3 (right hand side) = sidelist window for playlists

Ok, select the file you want from section 1 so that the tracks are displayed in section 2. Click and drag your selected track(s) from section 2 into section 3. I can't put pics on this message so bear with me!!!

In section 3, you will see your track playlist start to build up. When you click on a track you can drag it to change it's position up or down the list, but you will notice that the song seems to 'disappear' (or at least it does in mine). DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS. The song is still there, you just can't see yourself dragging it over your screen. It will remain in your list as long as you hold your mouse button. If you let it go, it will be placed in that particular spot on your playlist.

On the left hand side of section 3, you can see a number of icons, as follows:

Very top (looks like a big star): Enable/Disable automatic mixing
Next (looks like half an 'up' arrow next to half a 'down' arrow): Shuffle
Next (looks like a vinyl with wee tiny star beside it): Play new songs only
Next (looks like an arrow 'ring'): Repeat playlist
Next (looks like a word document icon): New playlist
Next (looks like a 'Save' icon): Save playlist
Next (looks like a left pointing arrow): Move the playlist you've created from section 3 into section 2
Bottom (padlock): Lock the panel

Ok, so, obviously you click on the 'Save' icon and then select where you want to save your new playlist to. It will probably save it to 'Playlists' anyway, so all you have to do is rename it to whatever you want.

Personally I tend not to use playlists as I think every gig should be fresh and different, however, I have one that I use and work on quite a bit and the music mix's well. The list lasts a good 45 minutes or so and you get to have fun doing a bit of mixing with it as the songs work well together. Here it is:

Urban Cookie Collective: The Key, The Secret 2005
Run DMC vs. Jason Nevins: It's Like That
Snap!: Rhythm is a Dancer (I use this as a loop and therefore load it twice)
Europe: The Final Countdown (2000 Remix)
Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams (Techno Remix)
Black Eyed Peas vs Kylie Minogue: Can't Get You To Shut Up
Justin Timberlake vs Technotronic: Pump Up The Jam Like I Love You
Kylie Minogue: It's in your eyes
Madonna: Hung Up (Radio Version)
Sugababes: Push The Button
Pussycat Dolls: Don't Cha (Clean)

Anyway, you get the picture. I just save this as a playlist and then when I go into my 'Playlists' folder in section 1, I click on 'Chris1' (save name of playlist) and those file names appear in section 2.

Then it's just a case of the usual. Click and drag your track onto your deck and away you go!!!

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posté Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 11:51 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)