Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Time Coded Vinyls - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

HickerPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I recently got the TCV. I thing for E15 they could press it a little bit better. The vinyl is a bit heavy (Can't make a good backspin), and also a bit bendy. I never used turntables before I got them for the tcvs. I got only one vinyl from !K7 Records for $6.
Also seem to have a little delay when ajusting the pitch.

Posté Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 12:25 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the only delay will be with the little pitch number and if you need to use that as live feedback from the pitch slider you doing something most people dont need to. If your getting too much resistance when trying to backspin try using different splimats, some hiphop DJ use 'butter rugs' as they give different torque pickup and resistance characteristics. how heavy a vinyl is and how bendy it is will pretty much have no effect on any thing. how often do you see scratch DJs bending their vinyl in a live set?

Posté Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 2:43 am
Just the vinyls doesn't seem to be good quality (by my means only).

I thing the software is good.Don't take it the wrong way.

As for the delay. For example if i put it from %0 to +%8 on the turntable. It sounds like it should just the software refresh it in a 2-3 sec delay (Visual mixing and bpm counter). I don't use them that offten anyway just sharing my first expirience with the vynil.

Also the backspin test was made on the same turntable with the same vinyl.

**the only delay will be with the little pitch number and if you need to use that as live feedback from the pitch slider you doing something most people dont need to**

I couldn't completely understand the above. What is little pitch number? or low pitch number?

Posté Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 4:02 am
Hicker in the VDJ settings screen under Fame try changing it to Fast or medium.

This tells VDJ how fast to react with your external controllers. another thing to check would be memory, CPU speed, etc

faster the computer the better VDJ runs.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 4:32 pm
AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 1.67GHz 2.00GB of RAM
In config under General. Reactivity is Fast.

Posté Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 6:47 pm
Also when i put 2 same tracks on both players. when i put the pitch on -%8 on both TT's the software shows
left -%8.2 the right - %7.9
And the tracks overlap
When I put both TT's to +%8
left +%9.2 the right - %11.2
And the tracks are way out of sync

Is something wrong with my TT's. ?

Posté Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 9:53 pm
sounds extremely odd to hear that your pitch actually goes that low and high. try playing with the reactivity and make it medium (ok might not be the fastest reactivity but might be a bit more accurate in the readings).

another thing what kind of TTs are you using? how long did you purchase/serviced them?
possibility is that the motor is starting to get used and might need some fine tuning.

another possibility would be to know how well your needle is tracking the TCV. make sure your tone arm and needle are properly adjusted and the needle isn't worn out too much.

let us know what happens you'll keep getting answers buddy

DJ White Devil

Posté Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 11:57 pm
>sounds extremely odd to hear that your pitch actually goes that low and high. try playing with the >reactivity and make it medium (ok might not be the fastest reactivity but might be a bit more accurate >in the readings).
Will do and post again

>another thing what kind of TTs are you using? how long did you purchase/serviced them?
>possibility is that the motor is starting to get used and might need some fine tuning.
Technics SL-1210MK2 there aren't others to me

They aren't mine but as far as I know they are in good condition

>another possibility would be to know how well your needle is tracking the TCV. make sure your tone >arm and needle are properly adjusted and the needle isn't worn out too much.
The arm and needle have been adjusted when I installed them. The needle is brand new.

Posté Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 4:49 am
Hello to you all,

I was hoping someone can give me some advice for use of TCVs. I'm new to virtual dj. I
Bought a mk2 Hercules to get my feet wet in djing with a computer. I bought one TCVs
Just to try out, and just received my second one. I tried it out, and was very disappointed. It sounds real bad when I try to scratch. When I spin back the record,
It sound to digital and it breaks up at times. Also I’m getting asio error messages.
I do have the pro version and set up the sound card at low latency, like it tells you
To set it up on this web site. I use an Athlon 64 1.8 GHz processor and 512 of ram.
The sound card I use is the one built in the mk2. The turn tables are techniqes1200s. Is there anything wrong with what I have to work with. Are there any additional settings I have to fix or something else I have to do in order to improve TCVs experience.

Thank you,

DJ Tony

Moderated By ACW. I delete your repeated post. Please don’t use CAPS in all your post, is harder to follow and also could be taken as you are yelling to us. Also correct for you some spelling…

Posté Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 5:54 am
Has anyone worked with TCV with SB Extigy 24 bit 100dB sigal-to-noise. I'm curious to see whether investing in a set of turntables would be worth while. I don't have any vinyl. I have been sole mp3. Would there be any advantage when ti comes to TCV vs. the XP-10 controllers?

Posté Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 10:36 pm
So I little post up on the actual topic.

I fixed the pitch control it was from the Turntables.

I still expirience when using the TCV's. I still think its because they are pressed bad (from bad vinyl).

I have recorded 2 tracks. One on vinyl the other on mp3 with the TCV. I will upload it to hear the diffrence in the backspins. Also when i spin harded the needle jumps of the tvc.

Posté Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 2:34 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
apply more tracking focrce to the vinyl. i use 3.0g and 1.5g of lat anti skate. use needles for scratching with cone shaped needles not spherical. also what i meant about the little nuber is the display under the pitch that shows the current turntable pitch. i assumed you were talking about the latency of this not the actual song speed talking time to change as this should allways be instant unless there is a massive ammount of latency. try what ACW says, many people have used the HDJC mk2 sound card in asio mode without these problems.

Posté Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 2:50 am
My tracking force is the same as yours.
Yeah the actual BPM counter on the software not the song reacts as fast as the pitch.

The vinyl makes 2-3 rpm the TCV makes 1 (at most) with the same force applied to spin it. Also the software skip parts instead of playing it backwords.

Also I have found another problem. Sometimes when I load a song.I rewind and listen to the first beat and some times there is a part I cannot rewind to.I have to press stop on the software or pick and drop the needle

Posté Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 3:45 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
1st try using real "non TC" vinyl. Will the needle stay on if you scratch then?? I had a "new" needle and it took time and use to break it in, i would scratch and it sounded distored, needle would jump etc. mostly on fast scribles. Now it seems to be working fine, the needle your using makes a difference. You mentioned its new so give it some time, put the needle on the a non TCV and let it sit there without spinning for a hour or so at a time, it will help soften the suspension making it track better. Anti-skate should be at 0 for scratching. for the weight, i would guess somewhere between 3-4 grams, but watch to see if jumps with too much weight, and it will jump with too little also, it needs to be enough to hold it.

Posté Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 4:35 pm
>1st try using real "non TC" vinyl. Will the needle stay on if you scratch then?? I had a "new" needle ?>and it took time and use to break it in, i would scratch and it sounded distored, needle would jump ?>etc. mostly on fast scribles.
Same simptoms. on nonTC vinyl its fine. with the TCV the above

Will try your hints.

I already start to feel that with time it would get better and better. may be never the same as standart vinyl but good enough.

Thanks all for sharing hints and tips

Posté Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 9:22 pm
Hey guys,

I have a problems setting up TCV with my hercules mk2. I'll post just the major one for now.
When I have a song playing on deck one and try to load deck two, deck one thats playing the music
cuts 0ff and deck two loads up ready to be played, but in the mean time deck one is no longer being
herd. It swithces position, still playing but not in the loud channel it was playing in. I tried uninstalling
Virtual dj 3.3 and reinstalling it. A very bad situation. If anyone knows about this kind of problem
please help.

Thank You,

DJ TONY

Posté Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 2:48 am
I left each TT with a real vinyl and the needle just sitting.
It still jumps of on harded spins.

Try something:

spin back the TCV and do some needle drops. VDJ continue just moving backwards when you move forward it refreshes the possition. The same thing happends to me when doing backspin. The program stop tracking the backward motion and when it starts again it things that i made e needle drop and changes the possition.

Posté Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 5:08 am
Also the needle jumps off only on backward spin.

Posté Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 5:12 am
did you adjust your needle? what kind of needles are you using? did you give it the weight recommended to give you better tracking? have you raised your tone arm assembly to apply a bit more pressure on the needle?

if your using the traditional needles like a Shure 44-7 tape a quarter on the top of the needle or tilt your needle sideways and you will never get a skip. as for VDJ not recognizing your backspinning and your needle jumping its because your tone arm is not properly adjusted for optimal tracking. Cheap needles that aren't meant for scratching will jump as well. make sure you have good needles that are built to take the abuse of scratching if that's what you want to do.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 4:35 pm
Stanton 500-II
Stanton D5100AL-11
This is 1 thing just 2 numbers ain't sure which is the right one. This is the Needle.

Both TT's have 3.5 gr weight
on one the anti-scating is 0. the other one is 2.8 and I cannot change it the dial won't move.

The tone-arm height is 0.3 on both

Posté Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 5:20 am
67%