Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet RIP PROMO DVD'S WITH NAMES

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

donrecoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Has anybody figured this out? I have tried smart ripper also.. does not put the name in automatic. Can anybody help please? The ripper inside vdj will not put the names...... this is holding me up.. I really do not want to type all these names in manually..

Posté Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 11:04 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posté Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 11:30 pm
I find the quickest way is to go to the Promo Only site, copy the names, paste them into a text editor and create a .BAT file to rename them all.

A sample is in my blog.

I just copy the first part of each line before each track name and increment the number by one for each track.

I am currently ripping about 10,000 karaoke tracks. for that I will export a list of everything from a songbook program I have into a comma delimited file and import it into a spreadsheet. I will set up the spreadsheet to create a column with all the correct phrasing to change the names and copy that into a .bat file and do them all. (obviously in small batches so I don't screw up everything.)

If you are new at this, do a test of one before you do them all!

if you are doing karaoke files, zip them first en masse so you only have to change one file name for each song.

if you have no idea what i am talking about, rip off the sample from my blog and edit it to your needs. if you are doing tons, get a nerd to read this post and do it for you via the spreadsheet approach. :-)

if there is any interest, I will post a sample spreadsheet that does this.

Posté Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 11:52 pm
Personally, I'd still stay away from the ripper in VDJ.... but that's just me... every so often I get errors...

Posté Mon 27 Mar 06 @ 7:56 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I actually wrote a script to do this. I've also got an Excel spreadsheet that I made with all the names, titles, and genres (I even fixed a few of Promo's errors). The script I wrote was in perl. You have to do each DVD individually, but it's a hell of a lot easier than typing each track in manually.

Basically, you just copy from excel, paste into the script, and run it, and voila, your files are all named. I wasn't aware of a better solution at the time, so I wrote one.

There are some options in the program:
You can have it fix artist names in case they are Last, Firstname format (which promo used for a while, for some reason)

The program will also detect which VOBs are a short intro, and which are an actual whole music video based on the filesize. If it's ambiguous, it'll ask you to check and make sure (this seldom happens, although there are a few videos that have LONG intros - Michael Jackson - Black or White especially, and one very short video (Crazy Frog - Popcorn (short version)).

Anyways, the program can detect these, and it can either be made to merge the two files together (the filename will reflect this in the chapter numbers it prepends), or it can be made to label one as an intro, but leave them separated (which I prefer).

Get ahold of me if you'd like to get a copy of this. It's really handy!

Posté Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 7:38 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)