Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet I CAN'T BELIEVE IT FREEZES! - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I've been patiently trying to figure out what the f*ck is the problem here,

I start playing and than after 10 min, sometimes 30 min, sometimes more it just HANGS!!! I hear the music, but the screen goes totally blank, sometimes it surprises me and its a different color, yippy! sometimes green, sometimes red...but most of the time black!

What is the problem here! I downloaded the 3.3 version and still no results! I can not believe this, does anyone here have any solutions!

I got the list of 26 possible things to do, to optimize the software; and I will try them all, has been proven to work?

As well, has anyone just said forget it with Virtual DJ and purchased Traktor DJ instead to use with the Hercules device? Does Traktor hang like this as well?

Thanks

Posté Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 2:58 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the same problem.........unbelievably frustrating, I tried several different senarios to get it to freeze, sometimes it does, sometimes it does not.......I put VDJ in the "Automix" mode the other night, loaded up about 300 songs and let it play all night.....no freeze

Then the other day I was playing around and in 5 minutes it froze, I had audio, no screen, and yes one time it was red, the other time it was green......whoopdy doo!!!

I did find out that the more you dissapate the heat from your laptop, the less it crashes, I got a chill pad for my Dell Laptop, it has fans under it and seems to be working great...so far no crashes, but who knows??

The only thing I can say is I have read pages and pages on this issue here at VDJ, I have read several things from Video Card Issues to Hard drive problems and everything in between....some people have it, some dont.....I have it some times, it seems like you have it more frequently, I dont think its a computer issue....if it was my computer it would do it all the time, I can leave it on for a week without VDJ running and the screen would not do that.....

So Im thinking its a VDJ issue, I have no idea what, but I think the issue has been beaten to death here in the forum......maybe with the 4.0 version, it might be a little more stable, Im so nervous about doing a gig......but I do have cd back up just in case, I guess you have to cross your fingers, I dont know what else to say.......maybe some more experienced users can shed some light on the issue?

Did you try and completely erase your computer and start from scratch, re-format the hard drive and re-install windows??

I dont know, I wish I had the fix.......I feel your frustration though..sorry!!

Posté Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 4:57 am
muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
When a particular piece of software crashes, freezes, etc. Most of them time the problem lies somewhere else. We always seem to put emphasis on the software that crashes. There are a million and one different configurations bioses mobos, soundcards, chipsets, cpu's etc, aswell as enviroments, background services and so on. Trying to pinpoint the problem is a painstaking path. Process of elimination is the way to fix problems. Start by updating lastest m/b bios, check powersupply, cooling flow, latest drives, dont share irq's with video card and sound card. Scan the memory. Test your hardrives for bad clusters, eliminate unecesary background services (pcdj had problems with internet time syncronization), disable ACPI, check registry for accumulated junk, errors, etc, etc.

changing software won't fix your problem.

Good Luck.

Posté Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 5:36 am
Muzza:

Ok you just blew me away....LOL, pretty much everything you said was way over my head.....I have no problem printing out what you wrote and sending my computer to a professionsl and hand him the paper and say....."do this and I'll pay you"

Cant seem to go without the VDJ....so Im stuck between a rock and a hard place, for now I will accept the 95% sucess rate with VDJ....

Posté Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 5:52 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Which skin do you use?

Posté Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 5:01 pm
The original one.....but it does not fit the screen, any way to stretch it??

Is there a better one??

Posté Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 6:08 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1) For VirtualDJ, the options to verify are:
* reactivity: better if you can, otherwise middle or low
* max load : i advise 10 or 15 min
* vinyl: try 33 rpm
* master tempo: disable !!

2) Your computer:
* Clean Hard disc and Windows
* i disadvise external hard disc in usb (better to use firewire)
* hard disc rpm maybe too slow
* maybe not enough RAM
* maybe processor too slow

Posté Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 1:03 pm
When was the last time you did a virus check? There's a number of hardware related issues which could cause your problem.. IF it were and issue with VirtualDJ don't you think there should be a lot more people wit the same problem?

Posté Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 1:10 pm
Im not quit sure who is talking to who anymore on this topic.....LOL, but I ran VDJ last night for about 6 hours flawlessyl, I did a house party and it went great, everyone was totally impressed with the software program

It did not freeze, hang up or react slow....it was perfect!!

Thanks VDJ'ers for all the help!!

Posté Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 5:51 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@mzack which hardware do u use??

Posté Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 7:29 pm
Here is my setup:

Dell Laptop - P4- 740 1.73GHz, 2G Memory
MK2 Console
Numark CM200USB Mixer
Stanton C.304 CD Player
DAC3 Controller

I usually control the program with the DAC3 Controller, but sometimes I switch soundcards and use the CD Players W/ TCCD.....works great, I use the MK2 as the Soundcard for scratching with the TCCD, I dont usually use the MK2 to control the program, unless I need it as a portable unit.....thats if I dont feel like carrying everything with me........

Posté Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 1:14 am
I have this problem too. VDJ can run for hours, then another time after 10mins out of the blue the screen goes blank. Either green or black or white. Has anyone found a solution to this? I have found though, that when running another program, as well as, you never realy get this problem. Maybee this is the answer? Anyone found a solution to this?

Posté Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 9:46 pm
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Same problem here, runing on:
HP nc6120 Intel' 1,6 Centrino, video intel 915, 512 DDR, hdd 80gb.

Happens only with VDJ, more programs you run- harder to freeze, when on extended mode- everything OK.

And, very interesting when runing VDJ- screen saver & monitor power off saving wont work!!

Posté Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 10:04 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Quote: "And, very interesting when runing VDJ- screen saver & monitor power off saving wont work!!"

This is normal. Why would you want the screensaver to go on, when you are mixing? And if the screensaver turns on, when it gets out of the screensaver mode, the computer could crash. This is more of a security.

Just turn off your screen if you are using VDJ in auto-mixing mode and want to save your screen.

Posté Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 11:20 pm
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
"This is normal. Why would you want the screensaver to go on, when you are mixing? And if the screensaver turns on, when it gets out of the screensaver mode, the computer could crash. This is more of a security."

1. So If I've understood you right- it is normal that my screensaver & automatic monitor off don't work when infact they are enabled?! - VDJ is made that way?

2. And ofcourse I don't use it when mixing, I was mearly pointing to my problem searching for possible causes and efects.

3. Why would the computer crash getting out of a screensaver mode ( if you use a light one, without 3D or anything demanding)?

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 1:32 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1. Yes VDJ is made this way, just like most media players when running a video or even music.

2. I don't think this is the cause of your problem.

3. Computer sometimes crashes when getting out of screensaver when a video was playing in an other software.

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 2:06 pm
I have found that starting up windows task manager as well as vdj and running it in background, vdj doesnt seem to blank the screen. Not yet anyway. Thought at first my pc wasnt up to spec...Laptop, sony vaio, celeron M 1.6ghz, 768mb ram, 128mb shared graphics, 60gb hdd. Think this is ok? Its runs perfect up to yet (apart from the screen problem). Yet on the desktop pc, 2.4ghz, 512ram, 128mb gforce graphics, the program has never crashed the screen. Could this be because of the graphics card?

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 3:25 pm
My laptop and desktop do the same thing.Screen will freeze on laptop,but never had a prob with the desktop,go figure.
Darrel

Posté Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 1:58 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just got a new DELL Laptop Inspiration, 1 gig of ram and I am experiencing the problem of a blank screen happening in VDJ and having to reboot. Sometimes it wont happen for days, and othertimes twice in the first hour at a club last Saturday..very embarrasing situation and Ive had to go back to my old laptop for awhile. The LCD screen is being replaced today, but im not convinced that it is the issue. I have not ever seen this problem before. All the drivers are update etc, yes im running an external drive but its fast (USB 2 / 7200) and it has not been a problem before.

Posté Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 9:48 am
I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

I have an MSEE I designed the first USB chip BIOS.

For the Support team to not have addressed this issue is a complete and uter embarrasement!

To claim it is anything but the VDJ SW is absurd.

I have seen many apps have bugs like this. IT IS NOT an EXTERNAL HDD.

It is NOT Heat.

When it runs on a full PC and not a notebook it is ALWAYS the APP.

Fix the #@!$! thing or give me a refund NOW!!!!!!

MY first job it lost screen every 10 min!!!!!

Get a @#$#$% Notebook recreate the problem and fix it, don't through out blanket ideas. The support team obviously has not even tried to re-create and debug.

DJ software is MSISSION CRITAL SW. BMP Studio on a P3 with external HDD at USB1.0 works fine!!!!!

Manager of Engineering - YOUR SHOULD BE FIRED!

Posté Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 6:21 pm
30%