Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet 3.4 Crashes w/ tcv

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have had vdj crash on me about 8 or 9 times now since I installed 3.4

I think I figured out what makes it crash or at least the sequence of events that cause the crash.

o.k. bear with me while I try to explain......

I play a song on deck 1. I load the next song to be played on deck 2. I go ahead with my mix using the xfader of my external mixer and now deck 2 is playing. the song on deck 1 is still playing but my mixer is faded to deck 2. Now on deck 1, the song runs out but the tcv is still spining and the needle is still on the tcv. I have not removed the needle and the tcv is still going with the old song still loaded but the song has ended. I don't load a new song on deck 1 right away. I wait a few minutes (I just did not load a new song yet or I forgot to pick up the needle while I look for my next song). Now...I try to load a new song onto deck 1 while the needle is still on the tcv and...BAM... the song does not load correctly. In the load bar, it displays as a dark green instead of blue. deck 2 still plays but vdj is frozen at this point because deck 1 is now useless. sometimes it will freze right at this point but it ALWAYS freezes both decks when I try to reload the song onto deck 1. weather I try to reload the song I wanted or I try to load a different song. all music stops. Everything freezes and vdj does NOT want to shut down. The crashguard does not work. The crashguard most times does not even come up. it has come up twice out of all the times vdj crashed in this manner.

I have tested this out and found this sequense to crash VDJ. This is NOT down to a science for me and I may be missing something in how vdj crashes. it does not always crasc in exactly the same way but the chain of events I described pretty much makes it crash.

This happens to me during broadcasts on VDJ Radio and it has happened to me at a live show.

I am using the defualt skin.

Please help.

Posté Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 6:36 am
I've had a lot of problems with TCV in v3.4 too - Your problem happened to me several times and thinking about it, I probably loaded the next song on a deck while the vinyl was still playing after the end of the previous song.

Posté Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 11:41 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have gotten used to stopping the deck after i'm done with it cause otherwise you have to go to the keyboard and press p when you wanna start the next song on that deck. either that or stop it for 1 sec and then start it again. pain in the arse.

but still it shouldnt do that. tsk tsk tsk. i hope they test V4 realy well. im crossing my little fingers that 4.0 will blow everything else out the water

Posté Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 11:57 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)