Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Its Grime Time

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

The most exciting new music genre in the world is about to blow.

Posté Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 10:06 pm
Any other grime virtual DJ's out there? If anyone is interested in listening to a new, fresh, dark urban sound I'm doing a live set on radio on the 31st March that can be heard in and around London or live on the internet.....website to follow.

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 2:15 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Can you explain what "grime" is ????

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 2:52 pm
Grime is the product of a fusion of a number of different sounds and influences. 2-step, garage, reggae, bashment, breakbeat and dubstep all make up this new genre from the heart of London. You have heard of the eski-beat style too, which was prodiminately created by one of the founders of the scene, Wiley. This scene is developing so quickly and with the potential to blow in the way Hip-hop did in New York in the 70's.....Its grime time.

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 3:16 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
can you give us some track names that are indicative of the style? Sounds interesting. I found Wiley's "What Do U Call It" on Napster, is this grime?

Posté Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 1:17 am
Yes, Wiley is the one of the founders of the scene, my favourite artist. Look for Jon E Cash - Hoods Up, Skepta - Duppy, Davinche - Phaze, Skream - Request Line, Ruff Squad - All Day Long to name a few. Wiley has got so many tunes, u should get a good feedback just typing in his name to a file sharing program. Some of his finer tunes are Freeze, Eskimo, Morgue, Ice Cream, Colder Remix. Try Roll Deep, Jammer, Black Ops and Musical Mobb if you want to get a good variety of tunes.

Posté Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 7:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)