Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Codec Change

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok here is the scoop, I have ripped my DVD to VOB then converted the audio. My system is a P4 2.8, 1.5 Gig Ram, ATI 9550 256 video card. Now here is the question, If I play a video in VDJ it is blurry and choppy, but If I play that same video in ATI Fileplayer it is crystal clear and sharp and not choppy. Is this a codec issue?? Can you add video codecs to VDJ ie. whatever that ATI player is using can it be added to VDJ?? I am pulling my hair out trying to get this running properly. Cyder, any ideas?? I tried switching the Mpg codec to Windows Media, that didnt help either. Please let me know what I can do. Thanks Brian

Posté Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 1:26 am
Files also play crystal clear and not jumpy in Winamp. I am at a loss. Anyone. Brian

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 12:12 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hmm is your hardware acceleration checked off? i doubt it's vdj i only have a ati 9200se on my mobile pc and its been working fine for years worst comes to worst just convert the vob to mpeg with tmpgenc
or can't u just change the .vob extension to mpeg?

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 1:29 am
I have already converted the files in TMPEG. They are mpeg-2 with the audio converted to the 44100.

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 3:29 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
thats very strange ...and i thought i was the one with all the video problems do u have all the latest drivers for the video card and direct x?

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 6:33 pm
I think I got it figured out. I played around with the settings on my video card and things look 100% better. I changed my resolution on the TV to 720 X 480 and a few other settings. I have the latest video card drivers and direct X. We will soon see how things are. I am going to play around with it tonight some more and I will report back.

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 11:37 pm
NVidia's "Pure Video" MPEG Decoder boasts that it provides the best resolution... there are arguments for and against this in comparison to DirectX... You could download it and see... it is a free 30 day trial. Of course, you will also want to make sure that you set it as the default.

For that you will need a program called "Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility", google it.

Posté Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 12:31 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)