Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet 2 DJs with VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

MY DJ partner and I work together. For now, it's been tough because I work with VDJ / laptop / Hercules MK2 and he got dual CD deck (Denon).
So we're switching him to VDJ too.

I saw in settings that VDJ can work in network enviroment. What I (ideally) want to do is have 2 laptops networked and it'd be possible to do beat syncs and beat locks from one laptop to another. Meaning we'd work together completely, not one guy for an hour, other guy for an hour.

Is this possible? If so, any details on how to set it up that I can see his console and he can see mine (meaning what songs he has lined up or playing). I saw few network skins, not sure if that's what I need.

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 9:04 pm
bump

Posté Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 11:51 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Never tryed network things implemented in virtualdj.
I wanna tell u something but don't take them like critics. they are only my opinions.
I dunno if "work togheter" at the same time in this way is useful, cause
1) u should have one centralized mixer or crossed cables line-in & line-out for the audio signal (or u think to trasmit/receive audio information by ur network too? If so, look point 2)
2) u could have latency problem with ur network if u dont connect them @ the same node.
3) Mixin more than 2 songs at the same time is difficult not only for the beatmatch/sync, but for the output that u create. Often it's dirty, cause it's too full of sounds that u don't understand nothing and seems like noise. It require that u are experienced dosing sounds into the frequence range (like a chef with recipients) and have a centralized mixer for adjust bass-mid-high in a good way.
4) We can really appreciate that u are introducin ur friend to virtualdj, but don't introduce him into the lazy world of AUTO-Beatmatch. Tell him to start using vdj and denon togheter listenin and adjusting manually the pitch using one external mixer, then u'll see that u can work without these functions.
Have fun,
DjKad

Posté Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 4:53 am
Well, we're not looking to play 3 songs at a time, it's more like I play some then he plays some - being mobile DJs is harder, because you have to deal with lights too.

Posté Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 1:18 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
This would be ideal for when Virtual Dj crashes! Just switch to the other Laptop. The guy I have started Djing for at a local pub has also bought Virtual Dj since he has seen what I can do with it. He was previously using BPM studio, but he has lots of music on his laptop that I don't and vice versa.

Posté Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 11:59 pm
What I (ideally) want to do is have 2 laptops networked and it'd be possible to do beat syncs and beat locks from one laptop to another.

Its possible ;) thats what the network sync is there for

Run BEATLOCK on the PC that needs to be locked ;) (next dj pc)

Works fine and great over-looked feature

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:00 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
put the starting ip of your router in the network box ie 192.168.0.01 and then the finishing ip ie 192.168.0.04

so copy the following into ur network config "192.168.0.01 to 192.168.0.04"

Posté Sat 06 May 06 @ 1:25 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hmm, might have a play with that myself! Does network syncing take up much extra resources, ie is it likely to have an effect on system stability?

Posté Sun 07 May 06 @ 4:03 am
is it possible to start the network sync using a single cable, connecting 2 notebooks? a tutorial on this would be extra cool!!

Posté Mon 08 May 06 @ 7:26 pm
idd could be handy for live mashups if you're with 2 dj's, sounds like a party to me

Posté Tue 09 May 06 @ 12:48 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You have to write the ip (or the id name of your computer) in vdj settings then select full synchronysation then restart both vdj
Finally enable beatlock to get the synchronysation
(It works with Internet too as we have tested that in the past :-) but not sure it's usefull lol )

Posté Sat 13 May 06 @ 2:43 pm
heres a thing that i tried recently.. and i worked tho not the way you want maybe.. but as it was my first time it was exhilarating.

in india, the mixers connect to the equalizer/crossover via XLR connections.. so i have not been able to connect my console directly to the eq, but had to reroute it through an external mixer.. mostly a pioneer.. (i dont know that the fuss is, it was pretty simple really and i could use the effects off the mixer as well)..

that apart,

we connected my friends pioneer 5000s to the external mixer as well, so finally,

my computer-->herc(RC)-->pioneer mixer

Posté Fri 19 May 06 @ 9:57 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)