Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet when using vdj

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

When using vdj with a cd player, how can you go back to the begining of the track once it starts playing.....without using the cues in vdj? (like a cue button on the cd player itself)

I'm very interested in buying this program, but this one function has me doubting it.

-----> Note to moderators. Please don't assume this is a repeat post, I plainly just thought it just needed to be written differently : )

Judging by how many replys I got on my last post, I thought people just couldn't understand what I was writing. If I had rewritten the question in the same post, it would of not gotten many more views.

With that said, any way of doing this?

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 12:29 am
Not sure I understand you completely, but you can go back to the beginning of the song with the cd deck, just as you normally do, either by cue point set at the beginning, or by pressing stop, and replaying from the beginning...

hope that helps:)

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:04 am
thanks for the reply [dj-in-norway],

yep i tried doing that but when i hit the cue button on the cd player or even hit pause for that matter.....the track just keeps playing. If i hit cue (when the cd player works as a cd player (which means playing a cd) when you hit cue it takes you back to the begining "if your a dj you should know this : )"Its wierd if you keep hitting cue and play...the song will keep going. If you hit cue @ 5 seconds and the video is at 5 seconds, okay....when you hit cue again the video is at lets say 8 seconds and the video is at 8 seconds. It doesn't go back to the begining.

I'm just trying to figure this out. Maybe it will be easier on the phone. Anyone that feels down to earth please call me..239-645-8350 USA.

I'm no bedroom dj trying to figure out a program. I've been djing for 12 years. I've got skill up the ying....I will glady show you it once I get this damn thing working. HA : )

Hope someone can help....gotta love beer!

Posté Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 9:51 am
found someone else on the board that has the same problem...instead with the cdx's.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/46684/Hardware_Technical_Support/Numark_CDX_Configuration_help.html

doesn't make sense to me. Need help! wheres the moderators with support?

Currrently I'm using Serato and am able to use the cd players or vinyl without any of these worries.

Any thoughts.

Judging by the post i found...I know socross had mentioned about how the cd player doesn't really stop it
kinda of just loops the same spot. Well I can see that being true....but just about every cd player that I can remember playing on that was worth more than two cents do that. So if this is true, how is VDJ even compatible with cd players. Is this just a demo limitation, is it a option or setting or upgrade that needs to be done. I'm also assuming by what socross said, by using vinyl this will not be an issue....is this a true statement?

C'mon need some help here : ( , by the looks of things other people do too. This is a pretty big deal.

Put some thoughts into the post at hand : )

thanks

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 8:30 am
are u 4 real....nothing?

c'mon if its a problem please let us know. If not speak up! I've been asking the same question in two different ways for a week now....no answers.

c'mon....or how we say in america "Lets Go!"

: )

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 9:29 am
heres another issue:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/48489/Hardware_Technical_Support/set_up_of_vdj_with_pioneer_cdj200.html

basically the same issue i'm having. Dj Ezio posted 2 days ago and getting nothing.

There is moderators that use these programs and watch these boards daily right?

Or is this forum and site going to basically go away because of the Numark merger?

Not trying to cause problems at all....just trying to get some answers. Heres my phone #, get @ me 239-645-8350 (please no calls before 3pm.....remember I'm a true nocturnal dj)

: )

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 9:37 am
try burning a time code cd, from downloads/other timecode cd. to control the music played thru VDJ
i'm not familiar with using cd equipment with vdj,

but i know with the vinal part you have to bypass the audio to use non-time code vinals "original music vinal". i'm sure it's the same. there are a few blogs on this site that show how to hook everything up to work in advanced configurations.

the full version has more settings and as we say in the US "the full version is unlocked"

hope this helps

:)

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 10:04 am
yep I tried that.....I know the full version has more settings thats why I kept asking if this is a demo limitation. I just would really get frusterated if I bought the program & it still did this. Me personally I use vinyl, but one of the other djs in the club use stricktly cds. Me being the resident, it would be a dick thing for me to get something knowing its not going to work for him.

I can't believe there isn't any sucess stories on using cd players. : (

this post is still active....whats up?

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 6:44 pm
Any ideas digijoc, Mele, Bagpuss??

By being moderators I'm sure you've used this program to its full potential. Any input on the matter?

Is the person who wrote & designed the program around? I'm trying to make you guys money here : )

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 6:49 pm
@funkturnal

Sorry for not seeing your replies sooner, had some busy days and weekend.

I'm away from my decks right now, but when I get home tomorrow, I will try to figure out why you (and a couple of others) have this problem.

Or maybe someone other will read this thread and reply before then

Please know that we all do our best to help everybody:) but sometimes we away, or threads are not read the same day... ;)

This forum is still alive, will be alive ... regardless of the Numark connection ;) dont worry...

Posté Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 8:17 pm
thanks for the reply...nuthin but respect from here. I know you don't watch all the time...its just been over a week (that was my point)

I'll be here everyday waiting..

thanks again dj-in-norway

Posté Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 7:54 am

Posté Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 2:13 am
thanks for the reply manquindvj,

but sorry to say that this is no solution. Why in the world would you want to go 1 minute or three minutes into a track....then scan your way to find your cue. Yes i know vdj has 10 cues built in...thats great (i wish you could name them....but thats another post)

My whole thing is, ------> when you put a cd in your cd player

Posté Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 8:35 am
maybe Numark will have support : (

Posté Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 4:38 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@funkturnal (you wrote)
"yep i tried doing that but when i hit the cue button on the cd player or even hit pause for that matter.....the track just keeps playing. If i hit cue (when the cd player works as a cd player (which means playing a cd) when you hit cue it takes you back to the begining "if your a dj you should know this : )"Its wierd if you keep hitting cue and play...the song will keep going..."

Looks like you have not properly setup your system for timecode cd/vinyl, or you have not the right hardware.
You may also not have a good timecode signal.
What is your hardware ? soundcard/drivers ? vdj version ?
Latest vdj 3.4 works as you want it with timecode/cd players, including cue/stop and most other cd player's functions.

Posté Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 11:42 am
I'm using American Dj Pro-djfx2 cd players. M-Audio Delta 44 Sound card. I was testing this with the vdj 3.4. I have since reformatted my computer so I will be able to install again to test. The timecode signal I downloaded it from this site.

Posté Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 9:01 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
@funkturnal
You can name your cue's, make one and then click right click on "Cue 1" and window will pop out and you can name it. Also, you can click on cue point in progress bar and you have 2 options, "rename" and "delete".
Now, when you don't have any cues, press right click on "Stop" and it will advance you to the first beat (bass, you have to analyze your tracks if you wanna this works good for ya).
Second, make a cue point at the start of the track, and some more during the track. Now, when you press left click on stop, it will go to beginning of the track (during play). When you press right click on stop during play, it will momentarally go to Cue 1 and stop. If you played your song from Cue point 2, then when you hit left stop, it will return to Cue 2 and stop. Press left click several times during stop on "stop" and it will jump to first, second and so on Cue points. You have a various combinations with the "Stop" button, just play with it. And what is the point of cue points than this I explained here?
Sorry for long post, hope this helps a bit.

Posté Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 8:23 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)