Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet IPOD with VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Anyone use an IPOD with VDJ? Are you using itunes to copy the songs?

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 3:57 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

I use iTunes to put songs on iPod.
I then can view the iPod folder in VDJ, if the songs have id tags version 1 then it shows the artist/title in VDJ, else it will show the file name instead.

The issue I see is that VDJ when searching from "Local Database" uses file names not tags.
Since iTunes renames songs to some 4 letters with .mp3, then VDJ never finds songs.

I have asked about this issue, and still have no reply from VDJ. (as well many others posts, some bugs, some feature enhancements, all have gone unanswered)

Ignorance is bliss.......

-Dj Los

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 4:25 pm
YSRCaliPRO InfinityMember since 2006
not exactly sure what you mean by your question "Anyone use an IPOD with VDJ? Are you using itunes to copy the songs?"

It can be inerpreted many ways.

I'll add my .02/interpretation :p

I use iTunes to manage my music rather than VDJ (no disrespect intended) simply because I am familiar with it's functionality. All my mp3's are hosted on my local drive. Others may use an external drive. As posted in other threads, I simply drag-n-drop the song I want to play from iTunes into the VDJ player, and play/mix. It's really that simple.

In regards to using the iPod? I can't tell you, but am sure it works just the same as using an external drive. Since iTunes recognizes the mini drive and its hosted muisc, I am sure the drag-n-drop wouldn't be any different from accessing from your local drive.

If VDJ had the same versitile functionality/features that iTunes has, I would be more inclined to solely use VDJ. obviously or possibly it will free up more memory.

Posté Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 6:28 pm
Hi,

When speaking of using the iPod with VDJ, we mean physically connecting the iPod to the USB bus.
Then access the files on the iPod using VDJ.

All of this works fine, except when you try to search from "local database" any iPod files.
The reason it does not work, is that iPod uses completely different file names than what is the norm.
For some reason they rename the file to a 4 letter word.
Since VDJ uses filenames to search from "local DB", you never find any song on the iPod.

-Dj Los

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 9:17 pm
hmmm, i guess no answer from VDJ equals no plans to fix, contemplate or even consider.

-Dj Los

Posté Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 3:50 pm
you might be wrong in your guess;) Wait for Virtual DJ 4... ;) it might have something usefull for you... '

Posté Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 6:18 pm
Norway,

I'm waiting, wow, I guess allot of the answers to many questions lay anxiously waiting for Version 4.....woooo whoooo

-Thanks, Dj Los

Posté Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 7:51 pm
Norway, they will not learn, if you keep giving in. You do a great job here, and most of us appreciate it. Respect goes both ways. All of us have gone days without a response, so what. I can not control anyone's actions, or speech here. I only have control of my reactions. Keep up the good work.

Posté Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 9:24 pm
hehe... ;) yeah... true:) But he seemed so frustrated... so gave him a little hint;) hehe

Posté Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 10:01 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
YEah , thanks. Knowing something broken and then knowing there may be a fix is a much better answer.

Posté Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 3:26 pm
I dont have IPOD CLASSIC NOR the 1st NANo
but it should work....

-----------------------------------e
Ipod Nano 2nd Gene.
----------------------------------
Nano 2nd Gene.
In my VDJ for some reason i don't have refresh Itunes Files /Playlist or so... ***

To play IPOD Whach U do is...::::
1) Plug Ur Ipod***.
GO TO MY COMPUTER..
LOOK FOR G:\ ( In my Case )
2) ENABLE** Manual Manage music and videos >>>> ENABLE** DISK USE
3)Ipod Drive in MY COMPUTER >>>iPod_Control<<<<FOLDER)
-------If You don't see it Your going to have to UNHIDE FROM WINDOWS.. (**UNHIDE WINDOWS FILES AND FOLDERS*)
4) Right Click Properties UNCHECK HIDEN *** ALL FOLDERS AND SUBFOLDERS**
5) Click OK

THEN

6)ON VIRTUAL DJ
Look For MYCOMPUTER G:\( My Case) RIGHT CLIK RECURSE AND BAM Ur MUsic Is there...
You can add to favorites from here../

Now every-time You unplug Ur Ipod the folder will disappear. And You Must got To Simple Step 4
Thats it.. IM LOOKING IN A WAY AROUND.. make sure u RIGHT CLIK RECURSE in VIrtual DJ:

Posté Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 5:42 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
OK Chris, we understand your question now. Please do not post it anymore. I think posting it 6 times is enough. Please be patient and see if you get an answer now. Thank you....

Posté Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 7:58 am
Just wanted ANIONE to knoe THAT YOU CAN PLAY IPOD VIA VDJ..
thats ALL.

Spreding the Knowledge........................

labc4
Dj Saquicela

Posté Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 5:31 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)