Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Noise issues on Herc MK2? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Sounds like I got a lot of noise (hissing) on my Console... I used a reference soundcard to test, if it was my cables etc... But no, It is the console.. Anyone have good ideas on how to solve this issue?

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 12:24 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
When do you hear noise? when playing? to headphones? when the noise start? or it is allways present? Which kind of noise?

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 2:41 pm
Allways... Like a wind, or something.. a hissing noise... And when I test with another soundcard - also USB(a real cheap one) there is a minimum of noise... Offcourse I hear it the most when no music plays and I turn up the volume on the speakers...

Ive had the MK2 for a week or 2, but I havnt noticed before...

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 4:10 pm
You didn't noticed noise before? So it's your DJC which is making problems. Are you sure that before were no noises ?

Are you runing VDJ on laptop or desktop?

Do you hear noise when you play to computer speakers through internal sound card too??

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 4:21 pm
Yes I do... But same as allways.... I use a laptop
But the most noise comes from the console.

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 4:24 pm
Try to run laptop only on battery. Try to change USB port and look that you don't have cables one over another (!!!)

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 4:47 pm
Tryed that - its the same

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 6:00 pm
Noise is not part of DJC configuration (options in DCJ config). So i think you should go and bring new console at home. It seems that it is something wrong with it.

Has anybody an idea what to do before going back to store? ;)

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 6:07 pm
Damn.. I really hope not.... Its really problematic, I just wrote Hercules for help...

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 6:17 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

Is the noise only present when you turn on the mic (by pushing knob) on DJC?

-Dj Los

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 9:09 pm
No, its a constant noise... If no music is on and I turn up the volume on my loudspeakers, there is this constant ssssssssssssss.. If I pull out the usb-plug, the noise stops.. If I use another USB soundcard, the noise is lowered to a fifth. Its as noisy as my internal soundcard. But I dont recall that there was this noise the first 7 days.

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 9:43 pm
You should try to mute unused channels first, eg line in and mic and also cd. If you still hear the noise, mute everything while console still connected, this is to test if it is software related ,ground noise or other interference.

Are you playing through a preamp mixer or directly to amplifier from the console?
I find that playing through a preamp mixer reduces the noise from the console. Best settings are to play the console levels (in control panel) at 75% and increase the volume from your preamp mixer.

Posté Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 4:16 pm
agree with carryshel. But ssssssssssssssss noise is often reason of bad cables. Just my experience with cables :)
did you try with another amplifier and speakers?

and hope you will solve this problem soon.

Posté Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 4:25 pm
I tryed change the cables - that helped a lot.. :-)

But.. Now that I am so focused on that noise, I a test on a pair of active loudspeakers..

First test, was with my Herc MK2 - still noise, but ALOT less..
Second test was with my external soundcard, lesser noise.
Third test was with my DVD player, nearly nothing but still i little bit.

I play directly to amplifier.. I muted everything and its the same..

But carryshel, are what you saying that there is some noise coming from the Console? Allways?
And its normal?... Because if thats the fact I think I can live with it...

The conclussion so fare is that it helped change the cables...

BTW - you guys are the best, you have been really helpfull. Thnx ALL :-)

Posté Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 5:48 pm
Well.. always is the reason for something :) happy to you! ;)

A little noise is everywhere where are cables :) cables are actually total loss of signal. that's why they sales cables for hundreds of $ and more (for professional use).

Dj Nikki

Posté Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 6:15 pm

Posté Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 6:24 pm
Im glad that to hear that your results have improved.

Posté Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 6:26 pm
Andrew87: Yes I tryed that... But I suppose, that it just makes a little noise...
Its not the coolest but Ill live with for a while and when I get the opertunety, I will listen to another console.. Theres is warranty. :-i

Carryshel: are what you saying that there is some noise coming from the Console? Allways?
And its normal?... Because if thats the fact I think I can live with it...

Posté Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 8:49 am
Yes, there is some noise but not a lot. Every soundcard or electronic equipment has some noise level in it's output but some have more than others. In the case of the hercules mk2, I dont get a lot of noise from it in my setup. If you have an external preamp mixer, try connecting the mk2 to it instead of going directly to amp from the console. Also mute channels that you will not be using in the software mixer and all active levels to 75%. Use the external mixer to regulate the volume after that.

Another very important thing is the positioning of your usb cable and other rca or minijack leads to and from the console. Try to avoid crossing these wires and keep them far from your power cords.

Happy virtual mixing!

Posté Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 4:34 pm
Thnx Carryshell... I just dont understand why the "most" noise comes from my MK2..
Ive been contacted by Hercules who also seems to be very helpfull about this..

And YES I can live with it now.. (I am just a little bit neurotic about things sometimes - it has to be perfect - LOL) now I shut up... And I will post any usefull info, I may gonna get.

VDJ Neurotic aka Christian"R"

Posté Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 5:08 pm
71%