Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Noise issues on Herc MK2? - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Could it possibly be a grounding issue? I'm not sure how this works exactly, but I believe you can attach a wire from your pc/laptop to the consoles ground section at the back. Or if you're using turntables, ground those to the back. Personally I get no noticable additional noise from my console, having said that, my self powered speakers emit a noise of their own without being connected to anything.

Posté Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 8:13 pm

Posté Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 11:32 pm
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Im searching for answers to this as well, but everything I have tried fails....I use my laptop soundcard with a vestax external mixer and its as quiet as can be.................I connect the MK2 and you cant even hear the music, just a hiss, constant high frequency sssssssssss

Any thoughts would help, I have a gig tomorrow and dont want to bring my vestax mixer....the Herc is perfect compact mixer/soundcard...HELP!!

Posté Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 5:01 am
.. I minimized my "noise" by changing the cables, and I dont use EQ, on external devices... Thats a solution I can live with... But I dont know with you, how high your noise level is?

Posté Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 7:37 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Short in points:

• try to running laptop on battery - more possible solution with "bzzzzzzz" noise :)
  • try to changing cables (use more quality cables - more expensive)
  • try not to cross cables of signals
  • check your main out to amplifier and gain on mixer (using 0db should leave you without noise)
  • check your power adapters near signal cables
  • long UNBALANCED mic and signal cables produse that noise too. (check my blog for tutorial of balanced cables)

Posté Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 12:12 pm
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have gone through all the steps as outlined and still a high pitch hissssssss, no buzz, just a hisssss

I use the MK2 as a soundcard with my Vestax Mixer and TCV.....everything works perfect, quiet as can be, but when I use only my MK2 w/laptop I get the noise, I tried seperating cables, bought better cables, nothing seems to work....one question about connections

The small output jacks on the MK2 (1/2 and 3/4)....can I use either one of those to go directly to my powered speakers?

Posté Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 1:06 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
yes, you can. It is line out just like on mixer, but it has a little lower signal. It is very strange your problem...

Posté Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 1:10 pm
Yes its a bit strange and as I experienced its not sure if its the driver/software in VDJ og the Herc MK2,,, but you can test it with the Tractor demo (thats what the Hercules Team told me..)... And if you do plaese get back with your result of the test.. That would be very helpfull..

thnx

Posté Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 1:23 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)