Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Windows Media 11 - Problems

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I know, before anyone tells me so, why did I do it...
Out of curiosity I downloaded and installed WM11 Beta from M$, and since then I've had mega problems with VDJ....
Whenever I start VDJ, all is fine until I add a track to any turntable.
Doesn't matter if the track is DRM enabled or not, but the resources of VDJ go to 99% and drags down the system to a crawl. (Even changing thread priority to low still hogs the system).

The obvious answer would be to go back to WM10, but trust me, you don't want to go there.

(VDJ works fine on my other system with WM10, I am just asking here to see if anyone else has noticed any problems?)

Regards

Chris

Posté Tue 30 May 06 @ 2:32 pm
Probably because it's a beta, and may be full of bugs, maybe it's related to the codec it's using? go to Options and then the extensions tab... try switching the decoders and check if it goes any better..

Posté Tue 30 May 06 @ 4:29 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
use winamp -)...
(not what you want to hear though...)

Posté Tue 30 May 06 @ 4:46 pm
Maybe this should be a sticky as a warning to other users not to download WM11 til VDJ says so!

Posté Tue 30 May 06 @ 9:42 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
Maybe this should be a sticky as a warning to other users not to download WM11 til VDJ says so!

I agree

Posté Wed 31 May 06 @ 12:35 am
Works fine for me using build 5358.4827 the only thing I can think of is that you installed it manually outside of the WGA installer but didn't install the runtime files. If this makes no sense to you, don't worry as you probably did everything correctly and this isn't your fault.

Virtual DJ doesn't seem to work with any priority other than Normal however.

Posté Wed 31 May 06 @ 1:00 am
A thing to remember in the future, is to create a system checkpoint on your pc before installing any beta software. That way, if it screws things up & you can't seem to fix it, you can restore your computer to the system checkpoint;^]

Posté Wed 31 May 06 @ 2:07 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
apopsis wrote :
use winamp -)...

Remove fucking Win media player and use only winamp and Virtual DJ!!!

Posté Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 9:17 am
Do you think that wmp could be the problem? cause I have some problems with some videos using vdj and I guess that this happened since I installed wmp 10 short time ago, I'm gonna unistall it and to check if now videos work.

Posté Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 7:42 pm
WMP10 and 11 have never given problems for me. You may have a lot of conflicting codecs. It's best to uninstall all codecs you have installed, run a registry cleaner (RegSeeker is free) and then only install codecs you need, or FFDShow if you don't need to encode anything.

Posté Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 11:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
microsoft (betas) sucks!

i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole!

Posté Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 2:18 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)