Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Video Mixing With Laptop

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am intersested in "adding" video to my DJ Gigs.....I have a Dell XPS M140 Laptop which works flawlessly with VDJ, but only audio......what, if any, can I add or do with htis laoptop, please forgive me Im not a computer person but there is 1GIG memory, Im not sure about the graphics card, probably standard issue, nothing fancy, porcessor is a Intel mobile centrino 1.3 I think

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Posté Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 7:38 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i believe u have an intel integrated video card with 128mb why dont u just try it and see if it works for you..u have enough ram and if ur video card is the 128mb one ..videos should be able to show, but im not sure about using the hardware acceleration...just remember u have to enable spanning not cloning for the 2nd monitor. try it before a gig for a few hours

Posté Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 10:47 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Laptops has usualy low quality graphic cards. So you can't do anything but buy new laptop with the best graphic card in it. Many laptops can't be used to play video with VDJ. RAM is important too. Maybe with 2GB and avarage grapgic card it could go.

Posté Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 10:48 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm using a Dell Inspiron XPSM140 1.73gig and 1gig of RAM. The video card is using 128megs of that memory(shared memory). I use it for nothing but videos. It works great. I am also using the HDJC in timecode mode. The only thing is if you plan on using "hardware acceleration" you will need to change the extensions to use Windows Media Player Video decoder. If you use the built in encoder, you will get these wierd yellow/greenish bars. I've tried differnt video drivers, same problems. If you turn off hardware accleration it will work, but eat up a bunch of CPU. I use nothing but Mpg1 352x240 1800kps. Ive have tried DIVX it seems to work, but I think I still got the lines every once in a while.

Posté Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 12:04 am
your setting sould work fine as you say for video mixing yes... But shared memory would maybe lead to problems if you tried to get accelerated video on the video out to external monitor.

Think you will need a dedicated card with dedicated ram for that...

Nvida or Ati ...

But mixing video for yourself at laptop with your setting works ok as you say:)

Posté Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 2:12 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Great...thanks for the help, I was almost certain that I could not do it with the machine I have , but now I will give it a try.

Posté Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 2:46 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Laptop Specs:
Model: Fujitsu Siemens AMILO D 8830
Processor: Intel Pentium IV- 3.06 GHz
RAM: 2Gig
Hard Drive: 120GB Fujitsu (5400rpm 8MB Cache)
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon 9000

However the laptop's broke down today :(
Read this post
Before that it used to work OK. But would go jerky quite a bit. Now I'm going to use a desktop PC because laptop's are too expensive to keep replacing!

Posté Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 2:41 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)