Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Search only seems to search filenames

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

For some reason, searching in vdj seems to search only on filenames.
For instance, I have a track thats filename is meandyoucherish.mp3
I renamed it in vdj to Me and you / Artist Cherish
if i type Me and you in the search box i get nothing, but if i type meandyou, it pops up. Any ideas?

Posté Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 12:11 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
rename the filename so that its in this order artist - title.mp3 then delete your database and rescan

Posté Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 12:44 am
I assume you mean the text file. Cauuuussseee, deleting the xml is not an option

Posté Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 4:22 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the search is quick but it doesnt search very deeply, it misses songs alot

Posté Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 1:56 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
No I meant rename the mp3's..You can use Tag & Rename to rename all of them to a standard format. but in doing so , you will have to recan and put all ur cue points back. If it isn't alot of files then just right click the file when it's in the VirtualDj browser and rename it in there so that theres a space and hyphen between artist and title in the filename, and try to stay away from underlines on any of the files.

Posté Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 6:01 pm
Note that there are 2 files:
- mp3database.txt, which is used during searching
- VirtualDJ Database.xml, holding volume levels, cue points, comments etc.

If you rename the song within VDJ, your internal database (VirtualDJ Database.xml) will be updated automatically. Your mp3database.txt will not be updated automatically, therefore the song will not show up during a search.

So I should not delete your VDJ database (VirtualDJ Database.xml), because you lose all your cue points comments etc. Just rescan your drives will do the job (VDJ->Browser->Local database-> right click -> Scan HD)
Ewout

Posté Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 6:11 pm
Is there an easier way to do this? I have a TON of files that would have to be renamed. How about possibly adding a way for it to search all of the tags, instead of just the filename?

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 4:45 am
any fixes in the works on this yet? If what I am searching for isn't in the filename, the search will not find it.

Posté Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 4:14 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Searching tags would make reduce the speed of search and database build to the pathetic speeds of PCDJ.
Though I agree that the option should exist for those that are more concerned with ID3 tags than with speed.

Posté Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 4:53 pm
That depends on how you search, you do not search the actual files, but have the tags stored in a database. This can be very fast, as the Serato recordcase shows..

The PCDJ search engine is indeed terrible in more ways then one..

Posté Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 6:45 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)