Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet bcd2000 + Vdj 4 !!!!???? help!! - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hey guys im new to this whole external hardware thing and i have a quick question....I use a toshiba satellite laptop and recently bought an extra audigy 2 soundcard which is great quality....so as of now i have 2 soundcards for the laptop which will work perfectly with vdj but wat i wanted to know is if i buy the bcd2000 and then go ahead and buy virtual dj 4 when it comes out will i be able to preview the next song perfectly with my soundcard or does the bcd2000 come wiht a soundcard lik the mk2??? Should i keep the sound card i recently bought or try and return it if im going to get the bcd2000????? Also compared to the Hercules dj mp3 controller i should def. screw that and get the bcd2000 and wait for the new release right??

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 8:25 pm
What is more important, the software or the controller? If I were you, I'd buy the software now at the low price that it is. You will get the update free. The price will be higher for the new version. Then you can decide which controller you want. The Behringer is not supported in this ver, but will be supported in the upgrade. The demo or crack versions do not have preview functions, so you will need the registered version, no matter which sound card you have. I can not speak on those sound cards, because I do not own them. I do not like Behringer equipment, because I believe they are sub par. That is my personal opinion, others do not agree.

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 8:52 pm
thanks for your suggestions.....i def. am going to buy vdj soon then bc i didnt know they were going to raise the price....But i wanted to know is it very very technical/hard to setup bcd2000 for the current version bc i know people are using the bcd with v3.4...im a newb so woul di be able to map otu all the midi controls for it or should i just go with the herc. mp3 controller?

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 8:59 pm
I want you to hear me loud and clear. People are having a hard time with the Behringer controller, and the ver 3.4. Virtual DJ "DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS CONTROLLER AT THE MOMENT". If you are dead set on getting this controller now, that will be your decision. I think you need to do a lot more research on this controller, before you buy it. There are guys crying right now, about this controller. You get what you pay for.

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 9:18 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I want you to hear me loud and clear. People are having a hard time with the Behringer controller, and the ver 3.4. Virtual DJ "DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS CONTROLLER AT THE MOMENT". If you are dead set on getting this controller now, that will be your decision. I think you need to do a lot more research on this controller, before you buy it. There are guys crying right now, about this controller. You get what you pay for.

is somebody can not hook up this controler with VDj that dosn't mean that the BCD2000 is crap, (i own one) and never have a problem at all working with VDJ all that you guys have to do is look for some help if you don't know how to set up your gear.

Dj Quintana

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 9:27 pm
I never said this controller was crap. What I said was I think that all Behringer equipment is sub par. I don't own it, but go by my many years of experience in this business. They have not had an original idea, since they have been in existence. Ever wonder why all of their stuff looks like other companies stuff? They are in the business of copying, and offering it for less. Just because it looks professional, does not mean it is. If you crack open that controller, I bet it is exactly like the MK2. I believe I also said this was a personal opinion. If this controller is working so good for you, then give him some advice. Don't just say it works for you, tell him how you got it to work. BTW, I would like to hear how you did that, since it is not fully supported in ver 3.4. I am sure other users of this controller would like to know also.

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 9:55 pm
Here is the information for people whos want to work with VDJ and the BCD
I hope it will work for you guys... AND IT'S NOT A CRACK!!!!!!

BDC2000 Dj Solution for VDJ v1.0beta
Short guide (i will post full guide later) (only english now - italian later)

Presettings: Go to BCD2000 Control Panel on PC and set Advanced Mode.

If you are not using last driver from Behringer donwload it here
http://www.behringerdownload.de/B-Control_download/BCD2000-driver-setup-1-1-1-0.exe

Software needed:

BCD2000 Dj Solution for VDJ v1.0beta - Download it here http://www.macfruits.com/bcd2000/BCD2000.zip

It contains a .ini file for Midi Translator
A .xml file for VirtualDJ
A BMP with assigned control of remapped bcd2000 [1]
MidiYoke (freewere) - Go to web pages http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm

Midi Translator (shareware) - Go to web pages
http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/

I use 1.31 version of midi translator so the configuration file is .ini
The last version don't recognize the .ini file (someone can help me?)
Install MidiYoke and restart PC.

Install Midi Translator, set BCD2000 as midi in and set MidiYoke 1 as midi out.

Enalble Midi Thru in Midi Translator.

Import configuration file (.ini - only for v1.31) and save.

Open VirtualDJ go to setting and enable midi in External Hardware sheet.

Go to Shortcuts sheet (in settings windows) and click to load and select configuration file .xml

Click ok! Enjoy.

If there's some problems try to restar your pc. Antonello Migliorelli.

Audio device settings
Go (in VirtualDJ) to settings

Move to Audio Device sheet and select Advanced Config, click to right button.

Set like this:

Left Deck
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 1
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 2
Righ Deck
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 1
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 2
Headphone
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 3
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 4
Samples
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 1
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 2
Prelisten
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 3
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 4
This is important to use headphone on BCD2000.

Know Problem or Features
Scratch system is not perfect.

The controller turnable of effect is not assigned.

The assigned control is sometimes differents from originals (but i prefer this one)

The Headphone Crossfader is set as a Mix (but i prefer this one)

Search func as Skip (someone can help me)

Button + and - has another function.

Dj Quintana

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 10:09 pm

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 10:18 pm
All the features do not work and they can't until they change Virtual Dj. But you can be sure that the Xone Dj doesn't either. It's a software limitation not a hardware problem. That also can include driver limitations also.

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 11:42 pm

This is with his work around for 3.4... not bad ;)

VDJ 4 will of course support the controller nativly...

Posté Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 11:57 pm
I think that its function is good enough for now because when v.4 comes is gonna be really fantastic.

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 12:35 am
Most people are looking for a solution not a expensive work around. You want them to buy Virtual Dj at a reduced price and they still have to pay for a work around?

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 5:31 am
hey everyone thanks for all the feedback....I think im going to order a bcd2000 and join the club but after reading the set up to it i hopeee i can set it up with version 3.4..hopefully wont be too hard right??

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 5:52 am
digitalmdj wrote :
Most people are looking for a solution not a expensive work around. You want them to buy Virtual Dj at a reduced price and they still have to pay for a work around?

Nope!

Was just saying that it worked ok for that user in the video ;)

The controller will be suppored nativly without any work arounds in VDJ 4 ... next upgrade

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 8:22 am
Well, I'm looking at purchasing Virtual DJ, as recently I've been doing a lot of parties and whatnot, and the trial version just doesn't cut it ... However, with patch and everything in place, I only need to know if a few things work;

Cue searching (which I can see by the video it does)
FX (Which, again I can see, however, can it be used in "right click" mode, if you know what I mean? Only doing the effect while you hold it down, rather than doing it constantly...)
Gain control (This is my main thing ... I personally dont like to use the crossfader just by preference, and so I need to know whether or not, when using the workaround, it can use the volume controls for each deck, and if so, both at the same time?)

Oh, and by the way -- awesome software ;)

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 12:50 pm
Hey guys im actually stuck on whether or not to get the bcd2000 bc i didnt know you had to pay for the midi translator :(......but i was wondering IF i buy the hercules dj controller mp3 that comes with the restricted version of vdj....will i be able to download all of the effects and plugins like a regular user??????

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 5:00 pm
in VDJ4 (soon to be released) you can map anything to the BCD2000. All the features you asked for ;)

And the Hercules mp3 console does not give you access to all plugins, but some.

hope that helps:)

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 5:18 pm
Hi dj-in-norway....Im def. going to invest in the bcd2000 for vdj4....but i sort of need a controller very very soon......WHen u say that i do not have access to ALL plugins but some what does that mean? for example if iget the VDJ console edition and register will i be able to download many of your effects online....and will i be able to download the console Mapper so i can change the command of some of the buttons on the mp3 console? Basically wondering how limited i am as a user if i get the mp3 console..?thanks

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 5:26 pm
the console includes a free limited version of Virtual DJ.

Some of the limitations can be read about here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/djcedition.html

You can see yourself what plugins the free version will let you download, and what it will not.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/view.html?type=sound%20effect

The ones marked available for Home Edition, can be downloaded with the console version.

But if you can afford it, I would suggest you get the full version. Gives you all you want, and more:)
After getting the console, you can upgrade to the pro version for a discount:
http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/discount.html

Hope that helps;)

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 6:08 pm
OK thanks norway........Now a questions for bcd2000 users for vdj3.4.......besides having to pay for the midi translation program how hard was it to setup with vdj???? I read the whole macfruits thing and its doesnt seem too incredibly hard.....also if i have 2 soundcards in my laptop already can i just hook up the bcd with the usb and it will let me use my 2 soundcards?

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 8:24 pm
67%