Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Saving your present state without exiting!!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Is there an option that allows me to save the database of scanned songs without exsiting VDJ. I noticed that only when I'm exiting I see this instruction on the screen "saving database" indicating that its writing the .XML file. Is there a "Ctrl+S" for example which executes this ???

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 7:54 pm
Yes, this is possible. You have to create a keyboard shortcut for that:
- Start VDJ
- Open Config menu
- Select the Tab "Keyboard shortcuts"
- Click Add
- Press ctrl and S for setting ctrl and S (like in your example) as the shortcut
- Set as action "SaveDatabase"

Note that you could also save the setting in the config menu with a shortcut, this action is "SaveRegistryConfig"
Ewout

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 8:38 pm
This is the reason why I appreciate VDJ........SUPPORT, Than a mill Superstorm

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 9:05 pm
Glad I could help. Trying and playing around with the shortcuts, will show that you could do very nice tricks with them and that shortcuts could be very usefull and powerfull.
Ewout

Posté Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 10:37 pm
so, if you save the xml file, and you load it when you install vdj again after formatting your pc, keep all the cues of your songs?. I ask this because when I have problems with my pc and I need to format after reinstalling vdj again all cues are gone.

Posté Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 7:22 pm
Yes, make a backup of your "VirtualDJ Database.xml" file. Also make a backup of all folders within the VDJ installation folder. Here your skins, effects, playlists etc are stored. Also make a copy of the file "shortcuts.xml" to make sure you keep your shortcuts.
Make sure that you have a full install file for VDJ avaialable and posible upgrades if you dont have a complete install of the latest version. Example: You have a complete install of VDJ 3.1. Install this. Then you have an upgrade for 3.2 an upgrade for 3.3 and an upgrade for 3.4. You probably have to install all of them in sequence. Keep in mind that you have to start VDJ after each install

If you have all these files. Reinstall your pc. reinstall VDJ, then start VDJ once, fill in your serial, close VDJ, reinstall VDJ updates. Now copy all the files from the backup to the installation folder and replace all files.
Hope this is understandable
Ewout

Posté Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 11:50 pm
A little bit hard to do but perfectly understandable, thanks Superstorm.

Posté Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 1:04 am
Glad I could have been helpfull
Ewout

Posté Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 12:14 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)