Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Mk2 setup questions!!??

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Rite now, i have a trusty american dj dual cd deck, and numark mixer......i have mackie srm-450 powered speakers and i am just strating to incorporate a laptop into this setup....

>>Is there any way to have the outputs from the MK2 go into my numark mixer- where i would plug in my speakers....i dont really trust the mk2 to handle the sound aspect of my gigs, plus eq takes up knob functions on the mk2.....

+ any suggestions on how i can run BOTH CHANNELS of the mk2 into ONE CHANNEL of my numark mixer???

+ Is it possible to switch between my dual cd player and vdj when using the mk2?

+ what is the difference between the DJ Control by Hercules and the mk2?

+ can the mk2 b used in a professional enviroment, or is it more of a toy for the bedroom???

thanks

M_I

Posté Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 8:29 am
yes you can run both channels of mk2 into mixer. on hercules software choose lock crossfader on center then both channles will come out of the output on hercules.

yes convert a phono level input on mixer into line and have one hercules plugged into a line lever input. then just use your phono line switch to switch between hercules and cd deck

the difference is hercules mk2 has inputs so it can be used with timecoded vinyl or time coded cds to control software

i have used the hercuels at a few gigs and never got a complaint but that question can be answered better by a resident dj who may use it. belive it or not the hercules is a pro piece of equipment.

oh and your eq knobs can be changed to perform any function. i have mine set to triger the sampler

gauge

Posté Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 1:56 pm
Thanks for the help Gauge....but im still deciding lol:)

Posté Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 6:12 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yeah I use the hercules for a regular tuesday gig, sometimes on it's own, sometimes with an external mixer. It's a good deck controller, it's a very good soundcard - can't fault it for sound quality, but I'm not a big fan of its mixer, too small and fiddly, too close the jogwheels, and limited cueing options. By running it in external mode, these problems go out the window. Worth every penny!

Posté Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 2:25 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)