Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Search for tracks by BPM rather than title

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Please excuse me if this has been covered already but I have done a search and found nothing on the topic...

Is it possible already or are there any plans to add a search by BPM feature in Virtual DJ?

My mate uses Serato (good but not nearly as good or stable as Virtual DJ with a DAC3!) and can search for tunes by entering for exmaple 110bpm and get a list of tunes round about that tempo. This is a great way of working as it suggests mixes that you would never have thought possible like INXS - Need You tonight with Beyonce - Deja Vu.

Anyone, anyone......?

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 9:54 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There are a lot of things being developed at the moment ;).

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 9:56 pm
So I'm guessing this will be in version 4.0 but you can't really talk about it? :-)

Go on, tell me!

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 9:58 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I said "being" not "been" ;).

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 10:01 pm
Bummer! I can wait though, new version looks pretty dam cool as was my set last night... Ho ho ho

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 10:03 pm
Not sure if this helps, but you can sort by BPM. Just click on "BPM" on your database listing.

Posté Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 10:15 pm
Yeah, this is a feature i used to use when mixing other genres, and is a very good idea. Not to get the exact bpm, but within a certain range.

Posté Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 1:35 am
jfactor1 you are a legend, thanks for the info sir. Never knew you could do that. I have all my tracks organised into different genre folders but it at least gives me some inspiration whilst mixing music of a certain type. These 10 hour sets I'm currently doing due to the Edinburgh festival are draining me so this should make for some interesting mixes.....

Posté Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 3:52 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
In fact you can sort by any of the columns. You can sort by title, bpm, comment, artist and length.

Posté Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 5:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)