Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet slideshow - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hi guys, still checking all the new settings and can't find the slideshow... I hope this is an error and you have not thrown this great feature of 3.4 out!!!

Posté Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 2:58 pm
I noticed many things are missing as well.

Missing Features:

A couple features that are missing or have been moved that I couldn’t find.
  • An advanced sound output setup so that I can set my 5.1 system to let me cue with the rear left and rear right channels. The options and controls that Version 3.4 for the setup of outputs and inputs was amazing!
  • The slideshow feature, so that I can show pictures when no video is showing. I liked all the options that Version 3.4 had.
  • Limiter option is missing from the "Options" tab in the "Settings" dialog. Do you need it anymore because of the new audio engine?
  • If the BCD2000 is supported natively, shouldn't it be in the "Remote Control" tab?
  • In Version 3.4, I could select my other monitor to output my videos with. In Version 4.0, I cannot do so. I only see (Windows) and my video card. Last time I saw a duplicate of my video card since I have another monitor connected.
Wow, they rewrote Version 4.0 and have created new problems. :-)
So far, two crashes for me. Both happened when I was messing with my sound card settings.

Posté Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:10 pm
Now that I have found the slidshow, and the text, it is great to see the text on more than one line
However, when I select slideshow, the automation is missing. before, if you played an MP3, VDJ defaulted to the slideshow or effect. but now I seem to have to push the button? is this right?

PS, great sound

Posté Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:32 pm
I found the slideshow as well. For other people who don't know, go to the "Effects" tab and then click on the "Video Effects" tab and then click on "SlideShow". The "Text" effect is there as well.

I also liked how it defaulted to the slideshow if I was playing a song without a video. That feature was neat and professional. The "Slideshow Delay" bar didn't show exactly how many seconds are at what point , like when you change the "Fade Length" a popup box appears next to the mouse pointer.

The "Show Visual Plugin" feature is at the bottom of the "Video" tab, but the browse folder button is gone.

Posté Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:37 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
To have a slideshow, or have sonic visualisations, when playing an mp3, select the correct plugin to use when no video is loaded, in Config->Video Tab.

Posté Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:37 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
JeremK wrote :
To have a slideshow, or have sonic visualisations, when playing an mp3, select the correct plugin to use when no video is loaded, in Config->Video Tab.

As JeremK pointed out you have to enter the plugin name in the box on the Video Tab.

Type SlideShow for the slideshow of pics - make sure you have set it up in the effects section.
Type Sonique for the visual plugin - again make sure you have set it up in the effects section.

GargantulaKon wrote :
If the BCD2000 is supported natively, shouldn't it be in the "Remote Control" tab?

It's a Midi Device - Enable the MIDI check box, click the config button, then the Load... button and choose the midi_bcd2000.xml file.

GargantulaKon wrote :
In Version 3.4, I could select my other monitor to output my videos with. In Version 4.0, I cannot do so. I only see (Windows) and my video card. Last time I saw a duplicate of my video card since I have another monitor connected.

What is in 4.0 is the same as 3.4 - you select your video card from the drop down. If you video settings are set correctly then output will go to the second monitor.

cstoll

Posté Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:05 pm

Cstoll said

Type SlideShow for the slideshow of pics - make sure you have set it up in the effects section.

Yes but when I do this the slideshow starts when an MP3 plays but does not revert back to video when the MPG file commences.

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:29 am
That will be addressed in 4.1, for now you will need to de-activate it manually by clicking on the effect button under the deck 2 preview window.

Yes, an inconvience for now; but will be brought up as part of the 4.1 release.

So, how do you like the sound quality and performance choices?

cstoll

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:10 pm
Ah Ha! That's the information I was hoping to find!

I was having this very same problem! I'll give it a try tonight!

Thanks all!

Jeff Main
Musical Madness DJ Entertainment

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:54 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm glad to hear that some of these issues may be resolved in v4.1. in 4.1 will there be a way to use multiple video effects at once? I think that this is greatly needed now that sonique, slideshow, and text have all been turned into "effects".

The soundquality options are great, but I get a lot of crackling I can't get rid of with any changes in settings. It's subtle, and I only notice it in my headphones, but I'd rather it were as good as my output from normal audio programs on my computer. The resampling from 48khz is a very much welcomed improvement.

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:31 pm
@Supacon -

Can't guarntee anything - but I think enough voice has been made about this issue that it will be looked at - Dev Team is very fair at looking to the voice of the people. It was something tried, something new and something blue - sorry in a wedding gig funk -- anyhow.

As to your crackling issue? You say it's only in your headphones? Or is it in your main output as well?

cstoll

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 11:58 pm
Yeah I was also wondering about the visualizations for MP3's and when you go to video how it would be nice if the visualization would fade out and the music video would fade in. Now I can't wait for 4.1. I wonder how long that will be... after the Mac 4.0 version release maybe or sooner?

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 11:35 am
oh hey I just noticed that at least you can manually use the Transparancy slider under Sonique to fade out the visualization and fade in the music video... a temporary work-around at least. Only affects the video and not the audio though.

By the way... Sonique set to slideshow rocks!

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 11:38 am
This topic lead me to believe that when I set sonique as the default plugin in the video tab of the configuration panel that it would be visible when video wasn't present. Is there a format that I'm not aware of for entering this plugin? I can't seem to get it to work. I inserted "Sonique.dll" into the edit box, and restarted VDJ.... Didn't work.... I then used the complete file path... again didn't work... Then just Plugin\VideoEffect\Sonique.dll, and again it didn't work... finally, VideoEffect\Sonique.dll, and it still doesn't work....

What needs to be entered in this box? Why is it not switching to visualizations when a video isn't present?

Thx!

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:06 pm
Just an afterthought, but my video configuration is configured to "Activate on load" also. I assume this is properly set to load sonique on the loading of a non video track, but it doesn't.

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:11 pm
All you need to do is type "sonique" as the effect plugin you want to use. It then defaults to turning that plugin on when MP3's are playing, but to change/set the sonique visualization you want to show you will have to go to the Effects button in the middle of the screen and select Video Transistions on the left and there is where you will see "Sonique" and you can adjust your visualizations effects. The Sonique plugin also has its own Slideshow option which just cycles through all the visualizations that you have loaded in your computer.

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:21 pm
Oops!
Just the name, not the file name. Got it working it appears by entering just 'sonique', not 'sonique.dll'.
Unfortunately, it is now sitting here with the last video played frozen on my display, playing an audio track that came with it....(Welcome to my party) at 95 BPM... And VDJ is completely unresponsive.

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:26 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm VERY frustrated with the visual effects in 4.0, I've read EVERYTHING I can find in this forum and I can't get "Sonique" or the regular slide show to work. I've typed the word "Sonique" with out the extension, with, I've hit ACTIVE till I'm blue in the face and nothing works.

Tonight will be our first live performance with 4.0 and I'm very concerned. :^(

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 12:37 am
Using Sonique effect, and having Sonique auto-start in a video + audio mix setting, are two different things.

For using Sonique effects and SlideShows look inside your Video Effect browser in the VDJ skin :

This is where Sonique and slideshow is located, and where you set things...

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 12:49 am
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok I got it working!

Thanks dj-in-norway, so I'm a goof what can I say. :^)

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 12:58 am
91%