Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet two video issues... help please!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

#1.

when I'm using window mode, the window opens to full screen, then reverts to the small screen again... I'll re-maximize it, and it'll minimize again... and idea why? It does it on 2 laptops and a shuttle cube.... I've got a mac daddy 256 mb ega pci express card, so it should be running fine....

#2. a bunch of my mpeg 1 videos won't play now... they're coming up with a blank screen, and making a god awful garbled sound in the speakers.. it almost sounds like an encrypted mp3... you know like back in the old pcdj days? it's a horrible sound...

I reverted to 3.4 and they played fine... went back to 4.0 garbled?

what gives?

Thanks for an otherwise beautiful build guys!

-Steve

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:02 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It resizes because you cant have a fullscreen video AND mix vdj at the same time ;)

If you leave your mouse still, it will stay fullscreen. But the whole point is to output the fullscreen to a second monitor for viewing, not having it on the same screen as you mixing on.

As for your mpg files, maybe try reinstalling the decoder / codec or try a different one in vdj. Google is your friend.

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:10 pm
I'm using extended desktop the exact same way I was using it in 3.4 the video window is on the video projector (second Monitor) it should stay full screen regardless of what I'm doing on monitor 1.

does that help at all?

-Steve

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:21 pm
BTW... I use window mode on monitor 2 because my karaoke doesn't play well with VDJ video when I use the hardware acceleration mode....

they fight for control of the screen, and I get bits of both video sources

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:23 pm
I have never used extended desktop before, so I can't help sorry :(

Why dont you just resize the screen so that its just as big anyway?

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:23 pm
so how do you mix video? or don't you>?

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:24 pm
I dont mix video for starters, but the setups i have seen use special box that outputs to 2 separate monitors. It has like a d-sub in, and 2 d-subs out

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:27 pm
right, and just as an FYI, you have to go into settings, and select that box as monitor 2 and then extend your desktop onto that monitor also.... that's how multiple video outputs work in windows. Most good video cards have multi desktop capabilities now, so those old video boxes are pretty much old school now... I've been mixing video forever with vdj3, but this just started happening with 4... I see there's a few other people having this problem too... hmmmm.

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:34 pm
Steve:

I'm a VJ/KJ and use extended desktop as well. It sounds like your using window instead of the TV Output drop down. If I read your post correctly you prefer full window over secondary video due to a second piece of KJ software that you are running. With this new release you may want to go to running karaoke in VDJ. I know it lacks good text and rotation tools, but those are supposed to be coming. I've heard that the text will be addressed in 4.1. I'm not sure about rotation.

Mat

Posté Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:11 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Steve Lynch wrote :
BTW... I use window mode on monitor 2 because my karaoke doesn't play well with VDJ video when I use the hardware acceleration mode....
they fight for control of the screen, and I get bits of both video sources

So what are you using VDJ for if you are not using it for karaoke?
Acceleration Mode has nothing to do with choosing the second output (video card vs Window) from the drop down menu. Try choosing your video card from the drop down and leave the acceleration mode unchecked. Now when you play VDJ is will send the video to the second screen.

Another question, do you deactivate and reactivate VDJ video everytime you go to use it instead of the other program?

cstoll

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 12:24 am
nah... see, when you use the video card option instead of the window option, the karaoke conflicts with the vdj window....

this happens whether you're using acceleration mode or not.....

so I just run a full size window, sized to get rid of the border, and then whatever rprogram is using the screen just automatically takes over... like when i'm playing a video and then start karaoke, the karaoke comes to the front...

it's cool, i just set a keyboard shortcut for opening and closing the video screen, now i'm using it in acceleration mode, and just pop it up when i need it.

I run karaoke dance parties, so I'm djing as well as doing karaoke... that's why I use both...

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:28 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)