Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Using I-Tunes M4v Video

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I can't load any videos I buy off Itunes.. What can I do??

Posté Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:15 pm
what format and resolution for the video and what audio format/bitrate are itunes videos encoded at?

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 1:42 pm
All songs purchased from I-Tunes are protected ACC Files which cannot play in Virtual DJ. I'm guessing the video's are the same. I could be wrong.

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 7:59 pm
I checked with Itunes and you are correct the videos can not be played on Virtual Dj (or any other dj software for that matter) and you CAN NOT burn the video like you can the audio songs you buy. The video format is also highly compressed for streaming (they would not tell me format) and it looks pretty bad on any screen large enough to even watch video on (they are really designed to play in the little default windows of most media players, video IPods and video phones and not on 27" or larger tv monitors)........too bad they could make this a really nice service if they realized that most of us have better things to do with our time and purchased downloads than watch music videos on our cell phone!

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 4:07 am
okay this is the official response I got from Itunes regarding their videos:

Dear James,

I understand that you have questions about the file format used for iTunes videos. iTunes Store videos are delivered in ad-free MPEG-4 or H.264 format that you can watch over and over again without the hassle and stutter of streaming video. The videos are optimized for playback on Apple's video-enabled iPod at 320 x 240 size.

You can watch your purchased videos on your computer or on a video-enabled iPod. (Note: These videos cannot be played using a home stereo DVD player.)
You can burn back-up copies of iTunes videos to a data CD or DVD. However, you cannot burn iTunes videos to a DVD for playback on your home entertainment DVD player.

To play purchased videos, you need the latest version of iTunes, which has the following minimum system requirements:

Windows users will need...
1.5 GHz Pentium 4 for purchased video playback.
Windows 2000 or Windows XP with the latest service packs installed.
256 MB RAM and 32 MB of video memory to play purchased videos.
QuickTime 7.0.4 or later.
Recommended: A broadband Internet connection for accessing the iTunes Store.

The soundtracks are encoded using MPEG-4 Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) format at 128kbps, a high-quality format that rivals CD quality.

I hope this email answers your questions about iTunes Store videos.

Sincerely,

Stephen
iTunes Store Customer Support

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 8:31 pm
As djshaitown pointed out, the audio downloaded from Apple (lc-aac) is protected by DRM, this is the same for video (where I think only the audio is protected by DRM) but this is enough to stop playback in other players.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 8:42 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)