Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ4 preview audio Bug

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello,

I think I have discovered an actual problem with the preview listening feature in VDJ4. I have repeated the following bug on 2 diferent computers with entirely different hardware. The problem is: when a separate audio channel or sound card is dedicated to preview listening and you jump or drag the progress bar on the listen track forward with either of the main decks playing the main sound output will stutter or actually stop for a moment and then resume. This occurs no matter what the performance settings are set to or latency is set to. On 3.4 this works without any issue other than the wavform stopping briefly.

My specs for my DJ system are: Toshiba T2400 Duo Core laptop with 2GB of ram and Gigaport AG soundcard using ASIO 2.61 drivers. Output channels were set 1/2 for preview & sample, 3/4 deck 1 and 5/6 for deck 2.

The second system tested on was an AMD 3800+X2 Dual core with 1GB of ram using Cmedia Digital 5.1 for main and AC97 for preview. I'll post this in the bug report area as well.

I went back to 3.4 the other night when I had discovered this. I tend to use preview listening quite often.

Thx.

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 4:50 pm
I discovered this problem the other night too. :(

Posté Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 6:13 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Why you use a preview when you can pre-listen the next track on deck? I use the external mixer and no problems at all. But it can be a bug with preview.

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 2:30 am
Because if you have a track loaded in the deck already, who wants to continually reload tracks into the deck if you wanted to check something on a future track. Because VDJ has no provision for keeping the track in the deck other than the wait list. It's just far easier to preview tracks then load them into the deck. I always use an external mixer as well (who doesn't).

Posté Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 4:16 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)