Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Question about burning records

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When you guys burn records do they or should they sound like MP3's that you buy off beatport. For some reason my rips do not have the same sound quality. As waves burned to disc they are fine, but when I mix mp3's on VDJ or abelton there is a huge difference in sound quality. Beatports MP3's have a full crisp sound while my rips do not sound as loud, when I turn up the gain I get distortion.

Am I doing something wrong?

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 4:34 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Are you burning or ripping? Your first 2 sentences contradict each other.

If you ripping, your minimum settings must be 192kbps bitrate and with normalizing on

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 5:06 pm
Good advice there, but also what program are you using. I know that some are alot better than others.

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 5:21 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am sorry, I am recording vinyl from my turntable to my pc. I have been using Sound Forge 6.0 and a program by Imagix. The program by Imagix has prompts with settings that analyze audio and cleans up the sound by removing clicks, pops and hiss noises.

I also record two ways. one is throught my mixer, the other is through my digital outputs on my TTX-1 turntable.

I rip all my files at 320kbs, which are the same as MP3's from Beatport or Play it Tonight.

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 5:40 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Well it sounds like a normalizing problem. You gojng to have to try get your recording level up, because boosting gain post-record will definitely kill the quality.

The way i record from external sources is easy:

Plug the source directly into the line input on my audigy. Then i use creative mediasource and record on "Line In". You can preview live and adjust the quality and recording levels. Then I patch up the beginning and end cuts with creative wave studio. Sounds brilliant

This is all presuming you have a creative card though...

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 5:50 pm
You say it's when you play tracks in VDJ or Ableton, right? Try disabling the key lock and see if that helps.

Posté Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 6:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)