Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Version 4 plugin visualizations

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I just installed 4.0 and love it, but can't seem to get visualizations for when I 'm playing a file that dosen't have video (like an mp3). I need something, anything for a VJ job I'm doing on September 9th. I went to the config window and see the box that says "use this plugin if no video available". But all I see is an empty box. There is no drop down arrow like in version 3.4 where you can select your visualization. I have all the visualizations from the download page of virtualdj and they are still on my computer. I don't know how to access them through 4.0.. Whats even weirder now is since I installed 4.0, I don't see any of the visualizations in the drop down box of 3.4. It's just blank now. Any help will be appreciated.

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 5:38 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
This problem has been discussed many times on the forums, in the blank box type the name of the plugin you want to turn on when theres no video, without the extension Ex. slideshow
then make sure that slideshow or the visuals are configured to what u want, but 4.0 has a bug which turns them on auto but u have to turn the off manually

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 5:45 am
I went to the effects tab and then clicked on the video effects tab and can now see all the video effects I downloaded. I clicked on the visualization called Boom_Auto and then clicked the activate box which turned from black to pale blue. I then loaded an mp3 and hit play, but there were no visualizations. Next I tried what you said. I typed in "Boom_Auto" in the white box on the video tab of config. and hit ok, played the file and still no vizualizations. I went back into config, video and added ".dll" to the Boom_Auto as an extension and tried that, still no luck. What am I missing, or is 4.0 have a serious issue with the plugins?

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 5:56 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
the boom effect is for the video while it's playing try typing slideshow or sonique but make sure u set the slide show up first as far as what image u want loaded or with sonique what visual you want on

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 6:01 am
I tried sonique with no effect. You mentioned to specify which visual I want if I use sonique. How do I do that? On the effects/video effects screen, I can only highlight sonique and activate. I don't see any way to choose visuals. I tried double clicking and right clicking on sonique but nothing happened.

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 6:15 am
OK. I found a few things I didn't do and fixed them and got the visualizations working. I have read this on another post, but let me ask again in case someone has come up with a work around. I play an mp3 with the visualizations on and mix between both decks using only mp3's. No problem, the visualizations follow the music. Next, while playing deck 1 with an mp3, I load deck 2 with a vob music video and do a cross fade. I hear the sound from the video clip, but the screen is still showing the visualization instead of the video from the music video. I have to go into the effect/video effect page and disable the sonique visualizations and then the video comes up on the screen. That's pretty cumbersome. I would think that the visualizations would only appear for files without video, but would automatically dissappear for files that do have video. Is there a way to do that? In other words, I'm playing a music video and we see Britney spears on the screen, the next song we mix into is an mp3 that dosn't have video but VirtualDJ detects this and automatically launches the visualization as the transition takes place (let's say satalite transition). Next we get ready to mix a movie clip VOB file and as we do the video transition (satalite) starts spinning the images from the two decks and we see one screen with the movie video and the other with the visualizations until we cross fade all the way to the movie file and now our screen just shows the movie video.
So in summary, VirtualDj should detect when there is a file that dosen't have video and turn on visualizations (provided you select that option) and automatically turn off visualizations when you cross fade to a file that does have video. It should also perform the video transitions you select. Currently from my experience, if you have visualizations activated, the program disables video transitions.

Again, if anyone has a solution, work around or thoughts, I'm sure many would like to hear them including myself.

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 7:20 am
I Guess that means if i have text displayed, it will be cancelled when I play a mp3?

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 9:51 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)