Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Virtual Dj 4 Shortcut help

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all.
I'm trying to set up my shortcuts to my liking. I want to use to shift+A to activate my #5 effect which is a flanger. So i go to my shortcut menu and follow what the Virtual DJ 4 tips & tricks (Starter Guide) thread said. so that works. then i want to assign my #6 effect to shift+S, again i follow the Virtual DJ 4 tips & tricks (Starter Guide) steps. it doesn't work. instead it sometimes cycles through effects or turns off the current effect thats highlighted in the dropdown menu. i'm so lost. please help. thank you.

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 6:27 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Shortcuts to effect doesn't work. Will be corrected in next update.

Posté Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 10:15 am
when will this be available?

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 1:24 am
They work, I have mine set up like this you can replace the keys as you like. Mine are from 1 to 5. Here's an example for effects 1 & 2 on deck 1
<sc key="Z" action="effect_select" chan="1" value="1" />
<sc key="Z" action="effect_activate" chan="1" />
<sc key="X" action="effect_select" chan="1" value="2" />
<sc key="X" action="effect_activate" chan="1" />

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 1:49 am
So you should be the only one that make it :) will try.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 10:16 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
xeon wrote :
Shortcuts to effect doesn't work. Will be corrected in next update.

It works dude :) It just doesn't work for simultanious use (more than 1 effect at a time). small bug.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 10:46 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, it works, but when I put Momentarily parameter when I change effect it stays pressed and can be depressed only via skin? Is that the same for you?

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 11:35 am
yes, that's a problem. I tryed. It is like that :)

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 11:39 am
Thanks xeon, good to know :). I hope this is gonna be corrected in the next update.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 12:04 pm
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about cause each key activates and de-activates the corresponding effect for me. I'm not sure why you would use momentarily. Anyway, I've personally assigned each key with 3 functions. e.g. for effect 1 on deck 1, it would be - select(1), activate on deck 1 & reset on deck 2 all on one key. Maybe I might be misunderstanding what you're trying to do.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 2:24 pm
We are using it as Temp effect like right click on pull down window (effect), I use it for Beatgrid and Beatbox the most.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 3:03 pm
Oh, sorry my bad, I didn't know you were talking about using a mouse. I never touch the mouse, it's strictly keyboard shortcuts and vynil for me.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 4:51 pm
Yes, but we want to use the keyboard for "Temp" effect, but there is some bug when you change the active one, it stays pressed even when you let go the key and pushing again the same key/effect or any other cannot turn it off, only if you click left mouse on skin. It is a bug and confirmed.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 5:44 pm
I always change the active one and no other effect stays on. Anyway, maybe it's cause it hasn't happened to me that's why I don't know what your talking about.

Posté Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 6:30 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)