Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Hercules MK2 Help

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

OK, so decided to splurge and buy it.. Don't yell at me, but I used it at a gig for the first time right out of the box without a trial run.... DOH! Had all sorts of problems...

Here's my setup/what I need:

I have 2 powered JBL Ions it has to go to (bought RCA/XLR convertors)

1 powered JBL JRX-100 sub (was running it off the headphone jack for independant control)

Also need to plug into the house system (1/4" jack)

Now, the problems... I ran the JBLs off the 1/2 and the house system off 3/4. OUCH! Is there anyway to get all 4 to broadcast the exact same signal? I was getting speakers cutting off and acting much like a booth monitor. -OR- how would you recommend I hook everything together?

On another note, I got tons of compliments on the looks of the system (and a few wise cracks that I should call "best buy's geek squad" to help fix it :)

Posté Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 5:45 pm
i wont comment on the unwiseness of what u just did, since u have already accepted...

so straight to the problems....

unlike previous versions, 4 assigns the output automatically and theres nothing u can do about it...

your sound config should be like

input--none
output--headphones
soundcard--console

at the bottom, it would say master 1/2 and headphones 3/4...the best u can do is invert it...no more...

so the reason why the speakers were acting as booths is because one of them is connected to the channel assigned to the headphone...

my suggestion would be, if u have to use more than one set of speakers is to use a dummy board as we discussed in your earlier post (but good on you for buying the rc xlr connectors)

so then, the dummy mixer would connect to 1/2 and you can hook up all four speakers to that...

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posté Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 7:42 pm
Thanks Rudra... but I am using 3.4 .... Does this change things? I downgraded after problems with 4.0

Posté Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 7:46 pm
TTT---Sorry, but anyone? Need to leave for work at 7pm (19:00) CST and can't have a repeat of last nights HELL (It's 5:55pm at the time of this post here in Chicago)

Posté Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 12:53 am

Posté Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 3:47 am
Well, ended up just using Y-adaptors (male rca in - two rca out) and hooked em to my 1/2 output. 3/4 has no use to me since I don't have a monitor speaker.

My question was, I'm not using an external mixer or amp (speakers are powered), So, wanted to know if you could switch the signal 3/4 was getting from a "monitor" output to a main feed like the 1/2 channel

Posté Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 7:14 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
you could keep the headphone selector always to the "mix" mode... (the 3.4 output is whatever the headphone selector is on always) but then you lose headphone selection.

in a situation like that, splitters maybe the way to go. or buy a crappy little mixer so u can have proper outputs and a better microphone than int othe hercules

Posté Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 7:30 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)