Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet AMD Processor

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

funkyzHome userMember since 2006
I Purchased A Laptop that meet all of your requirements except for the processor? According to the salesmen the processor I got will work with no problems(AMD 64x2). But I want to know for sure before I purchase your software. The laptop has a geforce 6500 video card. The sound card is comparible to a direct-x 10, and it has 1024 ram of memory. Please help me out. Thanx.

Posté Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 3:50 pm
Funkyz:

I have an AMD Athon at 1.8 GHz. V4 runs very good for me.

Mat

Posté Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 3:56 pm
I have a desktop with Athlon 64 3200+ and aside from the .avi videos freezing on the computer monitor (it is fine on the external monitor and the sound is fine) and I have a laptop with a Turion 1.8 and it runs fine (but with same problem as the desktop). The video in the desktop is a Nvidia fx5200 and the one in the laptop is an ati mobile radeon (not really sure which one though) but it is 128 meg.

Posté Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 4:26 pm
funkyzHome userMember since 2006
Dj-e-lectric, when the video freezes, is it momentary or longer? And how good are the transitions?

Posté Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 5:27 pm
It will freeze for quite a few seconds, sometimes as much as 15 or 20, but the transitions are fine....it is only when loading a new song.

Posté Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 10:43 pm
I just don't get it can we just get some specs on running vdj using the software to its full power,by that I mean runnig audio,videos & karaokee. Virtual dj is selling this sofware to do all this,so when you say it freezes for a few seconds that souldn't happen.So insted of blaming the pc,laptop,the video card,the video memory,the cpu,& I could go on for ever on all the excuses that their saying just tell us what we need to run this software PERFECT.......After all we are using this to earn money with it so our reputation is on the line.

Posté Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 11:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@djmariog

Well putting together EXACT specs is very difficult - mainly because depending on the combinations of Processor, Motherboard, Video card (brand and memory), brand of Memory chip, choice of sound card (internal, external), etc. So, to run the application Atomix has posted a recommend list of what you should shoot for... located here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/description.html

Beyond that simply asking for the experience of those running it and getting recommendation as requested in this thread is what I would recommend anyone to do. There are alot of trial and error junkies here that can tell someone what's best and what to stay away from.

For instance my 2 cents is that anyone that plans on doing video I would recommend a PCI-Xpress 16 type video card with minimum 256Mb DDR3 Ram. Now I am not going to say Nvidia or ATI because I have had issues with both, but also have both working. The issues were something that with ensuring drivers were up-to-date, current DirectX loaded (Aug 2006 release), appropriate Codecs loaded (my case 3ivX) and proper tweaking of VDJ all solved.

So to simply say by XYZ and everything will be PERFECT, is impossible.

To answer the original question by funkyz - Yes, the AMD 64x2 is fine, the question is what else did you get to go with it, other than what you listed? Like how much memory is Dedicated Video Memory and not shared with the 1Gb of memory? You say the sound card is compariable to DirectX 10 - not sure what you mean here? DirectX is only at ver 9.0c.
Also, back to the video - can you do dual-mode or is clone mode only supported? Necessary to know for doing video.

Please post your full specs, at least the Make and Model of the laptop.

cstoll

Posté Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 1:32 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)