Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet MK2. Is it worth buying? - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I finally decided to down grade from 4.1 to 3.2. I found that MK2 worked better that way. The headphone problem that I was having was solved. I was able to preview my tracks with out any problems, after I updated the driver.

I am pretty disappointed that the development team decided release 4.1 without figuring out all the bugs. When I was using 4.1 without the MK2 it worked great. The features of 4.1 made sense, but when I decided to connect the Mk2 to an external mixer, I wasn't getting any audio from Lines 1/2 or 3/4. The only thing that I could do is listen through the headphones of the Mk2, not the mixer.

The Mk2 is decent piece for beginners, but I wouldn't recommed using it without a mixer. The sound quality is not the greatest, however, it does the job. Some of the buttons on the console are located in the wrong area (ie pitch and pitch bend). Also, the there isn't a gain control dial.

i just got the console 10 days ago and so far I give it a C. I going to see how it goes at the holloween party this weekend.

Posté Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 5:12 am
In regards to the Headphones switch not working on some settings, did you reinstall the MK2 drivers or your computers audio drivers? I use VDJ 3.4 and Mix Split doesn't work for me. In fact what I hear in my headphones with it set to 'Split' goes out live over channels 1/2. I need to fix this in the next day or 2.. :(

Thanks,

Matt

Posté Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 11:17 pm
i installed the new driver update for 3.2 or higher. And it worked fine.

Posté Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 7:32 am

Posté Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 12:52 pm
The MK2 worked well at the holloween party I did this weekend. i brought my laptop and Mk2 and connected it my friends mixer. He was using American Audio Velcocity CD Turntables. My friend played all the Reggae and R&B and I played the Soca, old school 80's classics, and the House Music.

The one of the things that i can recommend to the Hecules MK2 development team is to change the pitch knob to something that you can slide up or down. If my friend was finishing a set and I was going to mix out his track, the knob didn't react quick enough to set the correct pitch. I found myself spinning the know a few times to set the pitch correctly. At times I used the mouse to set the pitch on Virtual DJ.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the product, and would say it is a must by if you have Virtual DJ.

Posté Mon 30 Oct 06 @ 4:30 am
pokkanHome userMember since 2005
Hello, buddy, I got a problem and I want to resolve

I have two denon dn-s 5000, a Compaq laptop and a Hercules MK2, I setup everything correctly, but when I play the timecode cd, say" NO TIMECODE SIGNAL FOUND" PLEASE PLAY A TIMECODED VINYL ON THE TURNTABLE AND TRY AGAIN. IF STILL NOT WORKING, CHECK YOUR CABLES AND THE VOLUMES OF YOUR SOUNDCARD.

If you know what's happening please let me know

I try everything but is not working

Thanx

Posté Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 3:40 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
with different cd players they have a different soundlevel

use a sound editor to adjust the volume make several copies at

12 db
9db
6db
5db

then burn one time code cd of each until you find the one which is right for your setup

if you need a sound editior try

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

its free and stable :)

Posté Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 10:54 am
shame how people are still struggling witha an issue that has been fixed..

shud we sticky it??

Posté Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 6:38 pm
im not sure i think people are off topicing alot

which is what is padding out the thread ;)

Posté Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 7:04 pm
ReTangoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I love the MK2. I play most weekends at relatively small parties (50-150 people), and for me is by far the best gear for these situations. I use the MK2 directly with my laptop, no TCVs or external mixer, and is perfect, NEVER had any problem. I love that its small, has all I need, and with the DJCel's mapper I can freely assign buttons. Behringer BCD-2000 seems OK too, but cons vs. MK2: much larger (this is important for me, I only carry a small bag with laptop, MK2 and audio cable, BCD does not fit in my bag), and it needs External Power (with MK2, plug USB and thats it). Cant copmlain about sound quality... for me its perfect for parties and it does get people dancing. For its prices, its a hell of a hardware. In every party I play, people are just fascinated by it, and cant believe when I say its price. Hope this helps, Regards, ReTango

Posté Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 7:32 pm
thanks for sharing ur thoughts :)

i agree its a great unit :)

Posté Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 7:41 pm
Just wanted to chime in and say that I have recently brought one and am very happy with it.

Posté Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 5:43 am
Just got it myself so far I love it Just waiting for DJ Cels Mapper so I can map the jog wheels to go trought my music folder (i.e Right jog up down the folder, and left wheel to go up and down music files)

That option for will make it all worth it..

In my opinion it is a great piece of hardware.....and you get a sound card to ;o)))

Later
DJ MikeD

Posté Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 7:01 pm
Speaking of jog wheels that is the only problem I have with it. I am not a scratch dj, I am a mix dj so by setting the jog wheels to scratch you have to be careful not to touch them when you are cross fading. The other issue is if you lock the jog wheels then you can't use them to cue up a song beat. If there was a map that would allow you to lock the jogwheel of the song playing and use the other jogwheel for scratching...

Posté Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 8:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)