Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Timecode function stops after a few hours

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

tomeeyeHome userMember since 2006
Hi!

I'm using VDJ with Hercules MK2, and TCV. This problem only occured twice until now, but it's really annoying me. When I use the software for about 4 hours everything is OK, but after suddenly everything is messed up with the audio signs. The software goes on, I can see the wave forms on the display, but on the output, I can hear only terrible noise. No matter what I do, nothing happens. I tried to change the song I played, I tried to stop the song and play it again, still just noise, no music. It's strange because the TCV is also worked, because I could control the song with the vinyls as normal, but the software didn't played the real song on the outputs, just the noise on both of the chanels.

Then I tried to restart the whole VDJ, and everything worked properly again. Now, at least I could solve this problem, but this happened at the end of a party, so it was really awkward.
Maybe it's not the software, but Hercules or it's firmware. Or could it be in connection with the powering. Maybe a powered USB hub would solve this? Actually I don't know what to think about.
What could be the problem, if a restart of VDJ solved it. And it only happens after about 4 hours of using it. Does it have any connection with the timecode function?

Please help me!
Thanks a lot!

Tom

Posté Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 4:07 pm
Hi!

I managed to localize the problem. I happened again, when I used VDJ alone, so without Hercules and without Timecode vinyls, just via the soundcard of my laptop. This means, that the problem is with the program, not with the hardware.

If anybody experience this problem as well, or know the reason for this, please post a note here.

Thanks

Tom

Posté Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 9:05 pm
its a well known bug in the cracked version ;) sorry

Its not present in the full legal version. If you want to use the pro version, buy and you are out of that trouble... :)

Posté Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 1:52 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
That's sad, you're already a home edition the user so the upgrade won't cost you a whole lot
The reason crack was even mentioned is : everyone knows that the home editon has no support for tcv or tccd.

Posté Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 7:07 am
Great! Thank you for your help! You know I just had to try it, because the 5 minutes which is supported by the home version is not enough to test the timecode. That's why I had to get the cracked version.
I'm planning to buy the full version of course, but honestly I think it's still a bit expensive, even for home edition users.

Anyway I'm also interested in Numark's new product, called Virtual Vinyl. As far as I know, it has the full version of VDJ. Is that correct? Maybe it's more stable than Hercules MK2. (Think about latency and stuff like this)

Thanks a lot guys!

Tom

Posté Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 11:07 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Virtual Vinyl will only work with the soundcard that it comes bundled with, unlike the mk2 it will be designed with timecode as it's first priority

Posté Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 7:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)