Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Reading Bought Discs

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Does anyone who is buying new CD's or receiving promotional CD's have a good solution for ripping them with correct tag and name. I have used Music Match for the past three years, but am finding it having problems at times reading the names of my Promo Only CD's that I receive each month. I would like to pop in a new CD be able to rip to mp3, then make sure it is named correctly from the file name. When Music Match reads them it works great, simple to tag as well as name from file. What else are people using out there with better results?

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 2:12 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I rip with whatever I have my hands on, only because I use Tag and Rename to go through everything including album art and reviews

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 2:17 am
What to you mean Tag and Rename? You use this from what program?

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 2:21 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's a third party program from Softpointer it's the best program I've used to fix tags on mp3's ... they also can rename a whole cd provided it has it's disc ID
anything needed to be done to the tags, this program can do
I'm sure theres many other Tag programs out there I'm just comfortable with this one
usually I rip with windows media player as MP3 over 256kbs then any problems with the tags i fix with the Tag and Rename
http://www.softpointer.com/

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 2:46 am
Use winamp........its free and easy to use. Right click on the tune in the play list and then click on " View file info". Bingo !! use it to fix things up. Turn off the ID3v1 tag and turn on the ID3v2 tag and that will allow you to enter everything you need.

By the way....winamp will also rip them properly too.

Anyways.thats what a lowly home edition users works with...lol

Keep the beat sweet

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 5:57 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Audiograbber is what I have been using.
Rick advised me of this pgm . I haven't used any others since.

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 2:05 pm
For ripping cds I have found audiograbber to be the best and I find it also finds the track names for me too on new dj promo compilations like the mixmaster prodj ones.

Audiograbber has the option to select which service it looks for for the file information. If you set it to the freeDB service for your country. In my case, because I'm in UK, I use uk.freedb.org. Also, I fiound out that if you click on the box which specifies that it should look for cd text, it gets info from them and writes the titles with that info.. You can type into the tags if you want to put in extra information. I really like the program because it's free, gives choice of encoding qualities and you can use different encoders if you want. It also can be set to normalise tracks, so it does everything all in 1 go.

For mas manipulation of tags once they have been ripped I think that mp3Tag Studio is very good once you get used to it.

Cheers

A

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 2:08 pm
I use Creative Media Source Player - it's a small media player that came bundled with my sound card, seems to read the tags just fine. Then there's always editing the names at the time of ripping, takes a few minutes extra but doesn't almost everything?

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 6:03 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
My opinion:

Audiograbber to rip.
Tag&Rename if tags need modification.

Audiograbber is free (though I bought it while it still cost $20)
Tag&Rename costs about $20 I believe, but well worth it.

Only problem I ever have is if I rip a Promo Only disc on the first day I get it, because it is not in freedb.org yet. In that case, I do the tags manually and then submit it to freedb. Either that or just wait a day or 2 (usually too busy to do it right away anyway) and by then someone has submitted the correct tags for us.

Posté Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 5:14 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I also use Audiograbber. Awesome program, For any ID tag corrections, I use Quintessential player. It's also free.

Posté Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 11:03 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)