Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Denon DNS3500

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Love it or hate it, it seems. Any unbiased reviews from owners and those who have tested them welcome. I've just ordered one so I'll provide my feedback here when it arrives. Having not had the chance to test most high-end CD players (apart from the CDJ1000mk2) I find the DNS3500s to be the best (for me) on paper, it's received great product reviews by owners and magazines yet their still seems to be some who have nothing but bad to say about it. Comments welcome.

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 5:16 pm
It's all about how you like them and not how any one else feels. I have the sldz1200s and i think they are great but lots of people hate them. So if you like them thats the only review you need.

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 5:48 pm
I have a pair of the DN-S3500. Simply put, I love them. I am now using Virtual V4 controlled by a DAC-3, I'm also using my DN-S3500's as a back-up incase the laptop goes down. I'm in the process of buying a Mac laptop for when the Mac version of Virtual comes out in December. At that point my primary system will be the Mac laptop with the DN-S3500's timecoded and my back-up system will be the PC laptop with the DAC-3. Once again, when it comes to the DN-S3500's, to me they definatelly are the best for your money.

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 5:48 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I allready told you about my experiences with 3500 :) you did the right step when you buy one ;)

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 6:19 pm
what about good ole' fashioned turntables?

Actually I use the TCV right now... but I had an opportunity to buy a pair of the DNS 5000's for really cheap... I didn't take advantage thinking I would probably get the 3500's later if I can get up the extra cash.

Posté Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 10:46 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Bagpuss> I havent had any issues with my 3500's. work great with the timecode for VDJ. Just make sure when you get them that you have them flashed to the latest firmware. If you have any problems or issues feel free to contact me.

Posté Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 6:38 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
From what I've read - the problems on the 3500 usually affect those who play a certain style of music esp hip hop - and do a lot of turntablism -scratching, beatjuggling etc. But if that not your style it probably won't affect you.

Posté Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 9:40 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks for the feedback so far guys
@xgl_dj: are you refering to a general problem on the unit or a problem when in timecode mode ?(within VDJ)

Posté Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 10:07 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I haven't had my S3500's for too long, but so far I am happy with them. I use them as a backup to my DAC-2 setup. One thing, though. Some effects and/or features are not available when you play MP3 discs that contain files ripped and encoded in VBR. So, if most of your files are VBR, be warned. You might want to rip future CD's in CBR mode. That's what I've been doing since I got the S3500's. I guess if you're using them with TCCD's, some features aren't available, anyway. Have fun.

Posté Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 11:49 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)