Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Advice for beginner DJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,
I am a beginner DJ that will be soon starting to DJ at a bar. The place I will be DJing has already has a CD mixer unit. I plan to also use my MP3's using my laptop and virtual DJ version 4.
What extra hardware do I need to be able to simultaneously listen to songs mix in my earphones while playing a different song in the bar speakers? My laptop soundcard only has one mic and one headphone plug in. Some people have said I may need an external USB sound card, but they arent sure??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 12:50 pm
external usb 4.1 or 5.1 soundcard... they are pretty cheap

Such cards have more than one line out, and you can by that connect the two virtual decks in virtual dj to two channels at the external mixer at the bar... (guessing they have one)

Now, if the mixer at the bar already have its channels occupied by hardware (cd decks and/or more), you might also consider getting a soundcard that HAS mixer AND controller on top, and goes by the name Hercules MK2 or Behringer BCD2000.
Both are pretty cheap too, and will let you prelisten AND mix on the unit, and only need ONE connection to the external mixer, or directly to the amp at the bar

Hope that helps ;)

Btw, you need the FULL legal version of VDJ 4 for that all to work..... ;)

Posté Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 6:30 pm
Thank you for your reply. It's very hard to get the Hercules console here and expensive, so I'll go with an external soundcard for now. Would the Creative Labs Audigy2 NX be ok to use? And yes I will be getting the full version VDJ4 :)

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 4:12 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, that sound card is ok for vdj use.

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 11:34 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)