Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Performance problems - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Got it in aldi: Medion MD 96500. All with all its a good laptop, never had any problems with it, only that VDJ really runs incredibly slow with it.

I dont have the option to disable speedstep.

Posté Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 4:56 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Maybe contact your manufacturer to see if there is a different way.

Speedstep there is definitely the reason on your slow performance. 800mhz doesnt make it anywhere near the recommended requirements...

Unlucky bud, but if you can't find it in the bios, I doubt there is much an end user can do :(

Posté Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 5:02 pm
Do you mean they delivered a computer set to a low speed while it could be much higher? That's not really very nice, is it? Sigh.. i guess i'll contact Medion, see what they have to say...

Posté Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 5:04 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
No, its not that.

The operating system usually decides when and when not to max out the clock speeds. It usually maxs it out when you in a power hungry program like games ect. But for some reason, windows probably thinks VDJ doesn't need a lot of resources and CPU time, like background apps.

I'm not sure if there is a way to add specific programs to a 'list' of cpu intense programs. Maybe something you can try: open task manager while vdj is open and set its priority a little higher, and see if your cpu kicks in to full gear after a certain amount of time. This will confirm that hypothesis

Posté Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 5:13 pm
If i put it on higher priority, my pc freezes while loading the song and it only un-freezes when the song is loaded, after about 40 seconds while streaming...

Posté Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 5:22 pm
BTW just for information i got it fixed. I just blew into my fan and a HUGE (and i mean huge) puff of smoke came out. Apparently the cooling didnt work very good and if my pc overheats it automatically switches to a lower processing speed :D

Maybe a hint for some people that have slow laptops too: blow into the fan (and dont breathe in: you'll cough to death, like me :P)

Thanks for all the help you guys gave. You put me on the right track (with the low speed speedswitch indicated :) )

-VanStino

Posté Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 6:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)