Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Looking for shuttle system

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Everyone talks about a shuttlle pc costing anywhere from $600 & up I've been looking online but can't find anything any help on where to get a good one but keeping the cost down?

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 12:06 am
Is there a CORE 2 DUO model that someone could intemize out in a similar fashion?

I could be wrong but I thought all the new AMD systems are capable of running ddr2 memory now? also, what's the deal with the "old" and "new amb MB sockets?

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 7:52 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
The new am2 socket can run ddr2 ram, but most of us are waiting a bit on this "new" socket

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 4:22 pm

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 5:04 pm
So let me get this straight I have to get all these parts put it together & then hope that everything works?I'm not a computer tech I'm looking to get a shuttle pc plug it in the wall & go.So everyone keeps on saying for $600-$800 you are up & going I guess thats is not correct.Oh by the way in that $600 cost do you have included the windowsxp or thats extra?

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 9:06 pm
Shuttles are easy to put together they have the best detailed instructions i've ever seen. I didn't know if you had a copy of xp but yeah 89 bucks didn't know if you had a hard drive or cd drive either. I was looking at the shuttle as an upgrade from an older pc.

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 9:50 pm
OK maybe I didn't explain but I'm looking to set up a second set up with a shuttle pc.So where can I check out a complete system already to go?

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 11:42 pm

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 11:50 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
There's one in my blog, upgrading to a dual core processor as soon as I get 10 minutes.
It's sitting on my desk waiting for that moment.

It really doesn't need it, I just want the thing to fly with video.

The Shuttle also has tools on the website for temp monitoring and fan control.
Ran it all summer in open sunlight and at times 10 hrs live mixing of video without a problem.

And I took 40 lbs off my overall weight of my old rack unit.

Posté Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 12:10 am
I see but what happen to the $600 cost& you are up & going so we are up to $1150 & still in need of monitor & other stuff so I guess a laptop doesn't look to bad to me now that I understand the meaning of the shuttle.pc.

Posté Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 12:12 am
I am using a shuttle pc that I have owned for a couple of years and the only advantage I have always seen in it is that you could upgrade. But times have changed, nowadays a new CPU comes out means replacing motherboard and DDR3 and beyond memory chips... I have since bought a laptop but am seeing problems on this forum with Dell- so I am still using the shuttle.

Posté Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 12:23 am
I'd like to see where you found the 600 dollar figure. The system i have now athlon 64 3000+ with 1 gig of pc3200 and a 6600 gt could be well under that now. hard drive monitor and keyboard and mouse as well. Its all realitive on what you want to do with the pc. If you want to mix video then that's a differnt story.

Posté Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 4:31 am
Yep, looks like I will be joining you guys and ditching my rackmount soon. I'll be doing it in the next couple of months...

killabee44

Posté Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 4:35 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djmariog Can't go wrong with Cyder's advice. He got me hooked on the shuttle. I too am not computer literate, but it does go together pretty easily. I had some difficulties with software updates mostly. Also Rick mentioned the tools that help to keep it running cool. Listen to him also. I tried the tools but for some reason I keep getting an error msg when I first turn it on. However the system has not gone over 90degrees F since I installed the tools.
You won't be dissapointed with the system.

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 7:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)