Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet PROGRAMME FREEZES FOR A 1-2 SECONDS

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP MY LAPTOP IS 3 MONTHS OLD I AM RUNNING 3.4 EVERY HOUR FROM WHEN I LOAD THE PROGRAMME ON THE HOUR THE COMPUTER FREEZES FOR ABOUT 1-2 SECONDS IT SOUNDS LIKE A STUTTER IHAVE TRIED CLOSING DOWN THE NETWORK CONNECTIONS ALSO AUTOMATIC UP DATE IN THE PROGRAMME THIS EFFECTS THE VIDEOS AS WELL
THE LAPTOP HAS 2GB OF RAM WITH 256MB OF RAM ON AN N-VIDIA VIDEO CARD PLEASE HELP OTHERWISE I AM DELIGHTED WITH EVERY THING STILL NOT CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO USE 4.1

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 1:42 am
ON THE HOUR ?

do you have some program kicking in at the background on the hour?

Sounds really weird.

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 1:59 am
thanks for your reply i have run msconfig and have nothing running except explorer i have no anti virus or any other programmes as the laptop doesnt go on the internet i ran task manager last night and all it showed was a little blip in the performance cpu history it is weird i agree but knowin you, you will sort it out for me thanks again

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 2:07 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Belive me, it is not 4.1 it is your PC. 4.1 is working perfect, so try to update all your drivers, Direct X and maybe clean new install of Win Xp.

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 11:37 am
Is it a Fujitsu Siemens laptop?
Has a well known bug about 1-2s lag each hour....

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 11:52 am
IT IS A Fujitsu Siemens laptop AND AN EXPENSIVE ONE AS WELL ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO SORT THANKS ALL

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 2:11 pm
Well, its the expensive ones that has this problem...
There are a few suggestions for a fix, but it does not work for all, and currently a bunch of Fujitsu Simens customers are preparing a class lawsuit against the company..

The highly tempered thread is here:
http://support.fujitsu-siemens.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13089&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Luckily the VIA Raid driver upgrade from the thread above, seems to have helped some.
But many users dont have such succsess...

In Finland, custumers with such issues, get a new laptop.
Not sure what Ireland does, but if you cant fix it, try complaint towards the shop, and see if they will replace the PC.

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 2:44 pm
i am on the case will ring shop thanks a million i will tell you how i get on later

Posté Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 5:54 pm
hey, join the crowd, I had one, well, mine was a lifebook, not an amilo, but anyway, they even replaced the motherboard twice.... it still did it... know what I did? E-bayed it.....

you'd never know it froze for a few seconds unless you were running audio......

mine would freeze for either 4 or 5 seconds and it seemed like it was after an hour, and sometimes one more time over the course of the night., I'd get on the mic and everyone would count down 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and it'd start playing again......

for a couple months It was a joke at my show.... whoever was singing when the computer froze got a free shot of tequila... so no one really minded, but I got so mad, I just sold the damn thing....

Winbooks are famous for the exact same thing...... I learned that in my online quest for a solution..... funny thing is, I never saw, or even knew fujitsu had a user forum.... wish I saw this a year ago....

there is no hope.... get rid of it, as fast as possible........and get an HP, or compaq..... they're cheaper, more feature laden, and have much higher quality and more readily serviceable parts....

Posté Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 10:24 am
djyemiHome userMember since 2006
hi...i have a new HP and have the same problem...but it doesn't happen every hour..it happens every 10 minutes.

I am seriously regretting buying the MK2 package and really want to send it back for a refund over instead.

DJ Yemi

Posté Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 4:03 pm
Its motherboard related, and lots of brands can have this (these) motherboards that causes this....

Fujitsu Siemens have acknowledged the issue, and a few places you can even return it :)

Posté Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 8:42 pm
This is Private First Class Jevon Williams, U.S Army. I have a great problem. My lap top is recently bought, I downloaded your program because seemed interesting, have not used it completely because it was had to work, did not not have the time to bother with it because I'm in the military very busy. Coming to the end of the 20 days my computer started to act funny, it was stuttering, taking extremely long to start-up, music played in windows media player skips continuously, my computer has the minimum of files stored on it so i don't see why it should be moviing so slow. My computer is used for military work I would like some on to contact me to explain what's wrong, because this is completely annoying.

Posté Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 9:34 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)