Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet M-Audio Releases X-Session Pro

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Posté Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 2:00 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
M Audio is definately on the ball, I wish they would add a second fader for video though....

Posté Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 10:50 pm
Me too Rick. But if I bought that I could use both X Sessions and do it all (Except Scratch which I don't anyway) Looks Good.

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 9:10 pm
The Question is, Is there an XML file for this neat peice of kit?
An External mixer is still needed, or at least a line mixer for headphone use, so Is it really worth it? Seems nice on the surface but is it really a viable solution?

I would prefer an ALL-IN-One type of thing, Similar to the HDC or BCD 2000 Both of which I've owned and Gotten rid of Because of poor quality issues.

So Far the best peice of kit I've used with VDJ is the DAC-2 with an external mixer. If Someone would market that as an ALL-IN-ONE solution........

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play...

DJ Marcel_1
Purple Onion Nightclub.

Posté Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 1:46 am
I use it with an M Audio Fast Track Pro sound card which has twin mic inputs and a headphone mixer.

If you're going to buy a controller get the DAC 3, it smokes the 2 imo.

Posté Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 11:59 am
idmkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Does this X session PRO come bundled with any sort of software?

Thanks

Posté Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 7:36 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
nice one

will add to controlers guide ;)

Posté Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 10:55 am
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I had one when it first came out :P I use it for video mixing :D

Posté Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 6:07 pm
Does the pitch fader feel realistic compared to a cd deck, or the hercules mk2 for example? Volume faders generally have a faster, looser and flimsier feel than a pitch fader would. If M-audio's new X-session has some resistance to the feel of it that would be nice.

Posté Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 9:00 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just my opinion: X-Session Pro looks like a cheap toy with very few buttons. Check out Faderfox controllers. They are built extremely well and have many more assignable buttons. Ofcourse you get what you pay for...

Posté Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 9:54 pm
pejo71Home userMember since 2005
X-Session Pro comes with no softwere.It works with any Dj softwere-with midi learn function.Works well with tractor3 and m-audio Torq.

Good mix!

Posté Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 6:39 pm
abnorm wrote :
Just my opinion: X-Session Pro looks like a cheap toy with very few buttons. Check out Faderfox controllers. They are built extremely well and have many more assignable buttons. Ofcourse you get what you pay for...

And you lift it up out of the way when you need to type a search?
I looked at this unit and didn't buy because of this design.

I dunno, seems like plenty of buttons to me, and M Audio is a top grade manufacturer also.
Looks can be decieving, maybe a closer look would have qualified that opinion more.

Posté Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 7:46 pm
I am very much into live editing: making loops, cuting, adding samples, dropping effects, etc. on the fly; are there connections for external devices such as an m-audio trigger finger or korg synth pad? I would really like to use those types of equipment and want to know if they are compatible with the X-Session pro.

Also, how is the headphone situation. It has faders for the headphones, how does that work out for you?

Your help is very much appreciated,
Chris

Posté Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 8:12 pm
What do I need to buy so that I can get songs from my computer, mix them together on the X-Session pro and then hook up my computer to an amp?

Also, I am really into live editing. What would I need to buy in order to hook up an external beat mixer (something like the M-Audio Trigger Finger or Korg Synth Pad)?

All I want to do is mix from my computer and add effects from an external piece of equipment. I don't want to deal with time coded vinyl or cdj's, I just want to do song to song mixing off an external mixer and add effects from a synth pad or drum machine. That's it! I've spoken to so many people and looked everywhere online but no one has the answer.

Can anyone help me out?

Posté Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 9:11 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)