Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet External hard drive - from one computer to another

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mikcerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have an external hard drive with about 130gb of music, 2 computers running the VDJ software (a laptop and a desktop) and I was wondering if I scan the drive on my desktop and have it analyze the BPM...which should only take 3 days continously...will that info carry over when I plug it into the laptop??

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 10:46 pm

Just copy the XML database file from the desktop to laptop.
Make sure it has this naming convetion :
Vdj database(your windows account name).xml

Then quick add the folders on the external harddrive, and right click and choose "add to search database"

Takes 2-3 sec, and your ready to mix ;)

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 10:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I would advice you to analyze your songs partial. Piece by piece , folder by folder. Every half day for example you should either restart VDJ or you could use a keyboard shortcut to Save your Database. It happened to me , a corrupted file stopped the analyzing, but it did not save the database after this , so a huge work vanished !.

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 11:33 pm
mikcerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does it matter that the external HD has different drive letters on each machine?

Also, I opened the XML file here on my laptop and there wasn't a whole lot of info in there...I know I have way more songs than it shows in the file...here's an example of what one entry looks like:

- <Song FileName="cypress hill - rock superstar.mp3" FileSize="6291456" TagDate="605182201">
<Infos SongLength="11576448" />
<BPM Bpm="21087" Phase="3350" BeatPhase="2" />
<FAME IsScanned="1" Volume="6837" />
<Automix MixType="1" CutStart="953664" CutEnd="11207584" FadeStart="501248" FadeEnd="11318272" />
</Song>

I guess my problem is that I want to have all the music analyzed on the drive but recognized by both machines....I don't have the time to leave the laptop alone for 3 days to analyze it all and would be easier to have my desktop do it all then just plug it back into the laptop and have them all ready to go :). If I have "write VDJ tags" enabled in the options screen will that do it as the music gets analyzed?

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 11:51 pm

Just try.. ;) it will work!

The XML file stores ALL songs ever analyzed by VDJ, EXCEPT the file location.

The file location is stored at the database.txt file.

So each of your PC's can use the SAME xml file (all bpm, gain, cue etc), but have different database.txt file (for example different drive letter)

To build the database.txt file, just add a folder as favorite, right-click and choose add to search database, and the songs are added in a second.

;)

Posté Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 11:54 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)