Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Sound card on Dell 5160 inspiron?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This one is really weird? I have two laptops that work fine with VDJ on the same mixer.
But the Dell 5160 works momentarily then it seems like one side goes out or sounds scratchy or sometimes no sound. I pull out the jack from the headphone output on the laptop, and plug it right back in, and the sound is clear for about 2 or 3 minutes again, before it distorts once again. It seems to only happen on my behringer fx-14 mixer, and only when I use rca-to-1/4" adapters into one of the channels.
It seems to work well when going into rca inputs into my mixer and other mixers.
I had Dell replace the system board but when I got it back(the computer) , there was sound coming to the headphones(although I haven't tested it with my mixer yet), but no sound coming out at all from the laptop itself?

can anyone help me with any of these issues, being:
1) laptop Dell 5160 distorting with behringer mixer when using 1/4 " adapters to channel.
and
2) no sound now coming from the laptop itself after dell replaced system board.

Posté Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 7:19 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi mate

u need to go to www.dell.com/support

and type your service tag number in the box provided

you can find it on the base of your laptop

this will then take you to guides and drivers for each board and soundcard it is possible you need to install a new driver or update if they have changed the board this might fix it

if not ,

some other thoughts its possible they dint connect the speakers to the soundcard , and its possible the soundcard is damaged

i reccomend you contact dell

Posté Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 7:53 pm
How bout the first part of the problem mate?
can that be a software problem in any way?
The headphone out jack works well withh mixers that take my rca in's or to a T.V. set.?
Whole thing seems weird?
Any ideas why?

Posté Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 8:21 pm
I too recommend contacting Dell and for the record Dell = Disaster!!! IMHO

Posté Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 9:57 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think from what uv described they cocked it up

best u give them a stern talking to

Posté Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 11:44 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)