Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Kit setup.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

weskyHome userMember since 2006
Guys,

I am in great need of help to setup a new work station.

This time around it will be 2 DJ's in the one session. So naturally its time for a gear upgrade and shift in to the year 2006 and beyond haha.

I am having a little trouble working out the right setup. Putting it simple, there will be no Turntables, just controllers and laptops.

So far, i have worked out the following setup for 2:

1 x External HD (Connected to Laptop 1)

2 x Laptops (Connected via LAN for BeatSynch with VDJ, Laptop 2 using the Network connection to share tracks off of the external HD)

2x 2xOUT sounds cards (1 to BCD2000, 1 for headphones)

2 x BCD2000 (1 connected to each Laptop).

3ch Dj mixer: Numark DM3050
BCD2000 1 patched into a DJmixer(Above) - CH1.
BCD2000 2 patched into the same mixer - CH3.

House mic/appliances (house cd deck etc etc) patched into CH2 of DJ Mixer.

DJ Mixer (DM3050) to house PA amps.

Am i on the ball with this setup? or am i so far off i should go sink a few more beers and come up with something else? lol

Posté Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 6:58 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sounds good

should get vdj pro if its working for you :)

Posté Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 1:18 pm
I ended going back to 3.4. The stupid loop problem showed up again in 4.1r2 and anothermate also has the same issue - it to stuffed up a gig for him. It turns out it wasnt the actual track issue, i just managed to hit the loop at some minute second at the right time - its not the same as 3.4.

I wont be getting nothing until what is on offer is corrected and working to what it should with such a price tag that is on it. 4.1r2 is good for 2 things, pitch control over master tempo and the sound quality. Everything else is outright garbage until they get it right - such software should not have been released and i think more than 50 beta testers needed to be recruited.

Enough ramble about 4.1, im sure the dev team are sick of hearing it.

thanks for confirming the hardware setup. The poor creditcard is going to get a bashing today haha.

Cheers,

Steve.

Posté Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 10:24 pm
Actually, come to think of it. Im going to need to use 4.1r2 to work this hardware setup right?

Damn. The bundled software that comes with the BCD2000 will run better?

Posté Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 10:30 pm
please add your serial to your profile

or please buy it

as some of those versions are no longe publicaly available as demos....

Posté Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 10:36 pm
How do i ad me serial?

and if i do that wont people see it and be able to use it?

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:12 am
And it will be purchased 4.1r2 once i deem it worth the 250 euro... Right now, 4.1r2 is worth about 20 Euro :)

Not being able to try b4 i buy would of totally stuffed me up, both finacially and morally. Nevertheless, 4.1r2 nolonger has a place on my harddrive until a new version is released.

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:14 am

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:14 am
wesky wrote :
And it will be purchased 4.1r2 once i deem it worth the 250 euro... Right now, 4.1r2 is worth about 20 Euro :)

Not being able to try b4 i buy would of totally stuffed me up, both finacially and morally. Nevertheless, 4.1r2 nolonger has a place on my harddrive until a new version is released.

the problem is with the beringer drivers not with virtual dj so there is only a limited amount dev team can do

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:16 am
Alright awesome when i get home I will update it.

As for the drivers excuse. At the risk of starting a new thread and war re the issue.. If a software co is going to release a feature, they do not release it on the assumption that it was "released as a good deed" to the VDJ community and it is Behringers fault for the drivers being crap...

Quite frankly, if something does not work with as aspect of software, then you dont release it Doing so will provide a faulse interpretation of features and therefore should not be released.

Eg, if someone was to buy the BCD2000 and VDj because VDJ supported it but then the BCD2000 doesnt work with it, one would assume that is misleading and false advertising. It is up to the software company to ensure that if they release a feature, that it works 100% with the other product. They cant come along and be like "yeah we added it as a courtesy but its not our fault it doesnt intereact with VDJ"....

But that is another story :)

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:43 am
Before i give 4.1r2 another bash (yes I will admit it is a pirated copy) can you think of anything else that would be causing the loop issue i mentioned in an old post?

Before I spend my $430AUD on such software, i want to make sure it works - as i have with all other software. -rest assure i do purchase if the software works.

You did mention in the last post that 'cracked' software causes errors - this would make sense.

I can confirm that the pirated downloaded copy actually came with a serial so no patching/cracking was done.

If it helps the VDj team, there are quite a few copies of 4.1r2 floating around in torrents that are supplied with serials and a stack of skins and effects - not sure if they can do anything about it.

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:57 am
PS: I do have a serial for 3.4 which i purchased.

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:58 am
wesky wrote :
PS: I do have a serial for 3.4 which i purchased.

then mate add it to your page

then theres a whole world of goodies waiting for you :)!

tis a tough one you see because it all works on vdjs end

the drivers cause the device to malfuntion

when used with the software , do you get me
?

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 3:00 am
wesky wrote :
Before i give 4.1r2 another bash (yes I will admit it is a pirated copy) can you think of anything else that would be causing the loop issue i mentioned in an old post?

Before I spend my $430AUD on such software, i want to make sure it works - as i have with all other software. -rest assure i do purchase if the software works.

You did mention in the last post that 'cracked' software causes errors - this would make sense.

I can confirm that the pirated downloaded copy actually came with a serial so no patching/cracking was done.

If it helps the VDj team, there are quite a few copies of 4.1r2 floating around in torrents that are supplied with serials and a stack of skins and effects - not sure if they can do anything about it.

but then they wouldnt have the pleasure of being a pro on the forum lol

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 3:04 am
From what i can tell the drivers cause VDJ to malfunction.

The drivers work fine with the software it was created for.

IOn saying all of this, if a third party software (ie: VDJ) is taking up the option to SUPPORT another software or hardware, then it should be done properly and working 100% In the case that VDJ cannot get it to work then the right thing to do is "Sorry guys, we cant get the BCD to work 100% due to driver issues with Behringer". Including is only providing a false interpretation of features in the software - its a big no no here in Oz and the developer could be forced to refund. Thankfully for VDJ, they are not located in Oz :)

When i get home i will update my serial in the profile and checkout this world that exists beyond what the eye can see haha.

No ideas on the looping issue? Loops work fine in 3.4 but die in the backside in 4.1r2.

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 3:23 am
fair point ,

many people have contacted berhinger aslo they refuse to do any thing about it

im persinaly not sure about the looping problem as i dont use the bcd2000 because of the issues iv heard and i got my beloved mk2 lol

but could try dropping the profromance slider to fast

preferences>proformances

does any one esle have any ideas ?

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 3:27 am
Im not sure if it is hardware related as it also does it without the hardware attached. Its an extremely weird problem as its not holding the loop. As i said previouly, you look for 4 but get 4.1 beats or 4.2 etc etc. Very weird problem.

As for behringer, getting them to update the drivers is not going to resolve the problem on VDj's end. They either need to abolish the feature to stop advertising that BCD does work or they need to work with Behringer to have their hardware work not only with Behringers hosue software, but other third party software. But yeah, lets not open up another can of worms on that one haha.

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 4:05 am
I wanted to know for sure, does Atomix mp3 have any hardware that is compatible with it? For eg, the DJ Control mp3 that is advertised on the hardware page? I have a full version of Atomix mp3 2.3 and wanted to know if there are any advancements in this regard. Im not interested in the Behringer BCD 2000, it doesnt even work on Virtual DJ (PROPERLY! that is). And its own software isnt all that great, Atomix blows it away. Im from South Africa and I havent seen any of the VDJ hardware advertised on the site here, Im gona have to ship it over from Amsterdam, where I have

Posté Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 10:28 am
DJ Bee PM wrote :
I wanted to know for sure, does Atomix mp3 have any hardware that is compatible with it? For eg, the DJ Control mp3 that is advertised on the hardware page? I have a full version of Atomix mp3 2.3 and wanted to know if there are any advancements in this regard. Im not interested in the Behringer BCD 2000, it doesnt even work on Virtual DJ (PROPERLY! that is). And its own software isnt all that great, Atomix blows it away. Im from South Africa and I havent seen any of the VDJ hardware advertised on the site here, Im gona have to ship it over from Amsterdam, where I have

please add your serial here
http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html

atomix doesnt support any control hardware

only vdj does.

hope that helps

Posté Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 4:11 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)