Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet sound card to mixer to speaker problem

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have a 5160 Dell that every copule of songs the sound really crackles bad then both speakers have no sound. If I unplug and reinsert the headphone jack it corrects itself with really clear sound for about two more songs, then the crackling returns.

I have tried different wires, different adaptors to the 1/4" channel inputs, different mixer, etc.
I have used my other backup Dell with the exact same equipment with no problem at all in sound.

Here's the catch, this is really WEIRD:
When I plug the other end of the headphone jack
into the RCA input of the mixer (it is a CD/Tape input),
the sound is strong and clear all night. So it only occurs when I use a 1/4" adaptor into one of the channel inputs.

Remember, I have another Dell that uses this same equipment fine. And I have another identical mixer
that also produces the crackling when the headphones to 1/4" is used with the weird sound card computer.

Can anyone tell me what is happening?

Posté Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 6:51 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Your computer is going to die. Call the doctor :)

There is something wrong with computer. what sound card do you use? how it is connectedto mixer?

Posté Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 7:04 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sounds like it

Posté Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 10:55 pm
xeon, sky:
It is a basic "sigma tel audio" sound card installed in Dell 5160's. Nothing special.
Someone mentioned once a grounding problem, is that possible.

My computer has been to Dell (I have 2 year warrentee still available), and back, to no avail.

Is there something in that specific mixer (Behringer 1404FX) 1/4" channel inputs that creates some kind of interference with my sound card.

I hook up 1/8" mini from headphone jack on computer end. On the two (left and right) rca end I use a
1/4" adapter to fit the channel inputs of the mixer. (All these components have been tested on other computers wity same setup). This is the only condition that duplicates the sound problem.

Like I said, what really gets me is if I remove for a second the 1/8" mini plug on the computer end and replace it immediately, normal sound returns for about 2 or 3 minutes before it degrades rapidly. WEIRD< HUH! Please help.

Posté Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 4:48 pm
I really don't know, but i would try with external USB sound card.

Posté Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 5:03 pm
sounds like a dying soundcard

if it fades over time

would try usb

Posté Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 9:30 pm
Okay, then here is what i would need to know?
I have two behringer USB' soundcards and use 3.4 as I prefer.
How do i config for these two and get the headphones to work so i can listen to songs in the music
folders before I put them on the decks and also listen to the other deck in order to cue it up?
I have been having trouble getting this 3.4 feature to work properly?

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 7:28 am
select the dual souncard setup

with one card for headphones and one for speakers

you will see a picture on 3.4 sound config of this :)

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 11:40 am
Thids doesn't work. I get nothing from the headphone thats plugged into the soundcard, although both decks work ok from the other soundcard.

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 7:34 pm
"select the dual souncard setup "

There is only a setup picture for speakers, one for speakers AND headphones(via splitter),
and one for a 4.1 option with a few boxes of choice to check. I see no picture for "Dual Soundcard).

Please advise and direct me, thx. I'm gettin' stupider by the minute.

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 7:37 pm
best solution: use advanced sound card setup and buy cheap external 2 channel mixer. it will work perfect! ;) and you will be real DJ with real mixer!

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 7:43 pm
Where do i find advanced sound card setup in 3.4???

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 9:55 pm
almost at the end of pictures. search for it.

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 10:41 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)