Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Prefered Requirments for a PC to run VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi everyone ! this is my first topic!

I'm a mobile VJ here in Brazil and now i want to buy a PC to play music videos in parties and clubs. I know the ideal would be a laptop, but it's too expensive for now, and with a real good pc i can live mix and remix videos at home with softwares like premiere.

So this is the PC i'm trying to buy:

CPU - AMD Athlon™ 64 4400+ X2
Motherboard - Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition Motherboard
Memory - Corsair XMS2 2GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Memory Kit
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 300GB Hard Drive
Video Card - ATI X1800
Sound Card - I have no idea yet, still need to read about it. Any sugestions ?
Monitor, mouse, keyboard - no problem at all.

After read some topics here on the forum, i need help with these newbie questions ?

1 - Is that configuration good enough ?

2 - The computer with a hercules controller don't need a sound card ? Is that True ?

3 - Do i need an audio mixer or VDJ can do the video and audio mixer by itself ?

4 - How the DVJ can preview the videos ? Can we watch the music video that is playing on the screen to the public and preview the next one at the same time ?. How it works ? The software vdj do all the job (I mean there are 2 windows on the program to show booth videos), or it depends of the video card ? or the skin used ? or do I need to buy external monitors ?

Thx for any help!

Best Regards!

VJ Marcos.

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 5:42 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes its good

if u get the mk2 it is a soundcard aslo

virtual dj is an audio mixer and video mixer , if you buy mk2 u can have hardware control of it

it can preview audio , and video
using the video skin in pro to use this u need to have a projector , tv or adtional monitors

hope that helps

Posté Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 5:44 pm

Ok, so it's better to buy the mk2 than spend money only with a sound card.

I'm just a little confuse:

I always work with 1 or 2 projectors to the audience.

"using the video skin in pro to use this u need to have a projector , tv or adtional monitors"

I use 2 monitors with 5" for me, 1 always showing what is playing to the audience and the second monitor to preview the next video.

So the software can give me 2 previews using the skins, or should i buy 5" monitors for me ?

Posté Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 2:38 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The software show's you a preview of the video you are going to play next.

The Hercule's is OK as far as sound cards go, but seeing as you can controll VDJ functions with it too it's nice handy and portable, but it's a bit of a toy. But ok to start with.

Posté Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 4:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)